Half shafts done, thumbs up Countryside Ford

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Took my car in today for the half shaft bolt and washer recall. Had a very good experience with Countryside Ford (formerly Freedom Ford) near Clearwater, Florida. The service writer Jeremy was great, except I had to bring the car in to start a service ticket before they would order parts. Oh well, good excuse to drive the car. I also talked to the tech to get a feel for his experience before having the job done. Three days later they had the parts. I brought the car back in and Russel, their only GT tech, did the work. He is great and has worked on many GT's, even doing quite a few control arms early on. He is very meticulous, and let me hang over his shoulder the whole time he worked on the car. The job took a little over two hours from start to finish. He does the job with the car on the ground just pulling the airbox for access. Incidentally, both of my washers were warped. Car has 1380 miles on it. As others have said, don't wait for this fix.

The body shop helped me get the drivers side upper air scoop on the clam shell adjusted too. The inner piece was sitting a bit crooked from the factory. We had to dissassemble from the inside of the clam shell and play around with the parts a bit.

Just wanted to share a great dealer experience.

Rick

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Rick,

Thanks for the post. I was wondering where I was going to take my car. I will tell them about the good recommendation.

Best regards,

Paul

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Took my car in today for the half shaft bolt and washer recall. Had a very good experience with Countryside Ford (formerly Freedom Ford) near Clearwater, Florida. The service writer Jeremy was great, except I had to bring the car in to start a service ticket before they would order parts. Oh well, good excuse to drive the car. I also talked to the tech to get a feel for his experience before having the job done. Three days later they had the parts. I brought the car back in and Russel, their only GT tech, did the work. He is great and has worked on many GT's, even doing quite a few control arms early on. He is very meticulous, and let me hang over his shoulder the whole time he worked on the car. The job took a little over two hours from start to finish. He does the job with the car on the ground just pulling the airbox for access. Incidentally, both of my washers were warped. Car has 1380 miles on it. As others have said, don't wait for this fix.

The body shop helped me get the drivers side upper air scoop on the clam shell adjusted too. The inner piece was sitting a bit crooked from the factory. We had to dissassemble from the inside of the clam shell and play around with the parts a bit.

Just wanted to share a great dealer experience.

Rick

thanx 4 sharin :thumbsup

sounds like you had a good experience.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Paul,
I would have no reservations. Russel will take good care of you. He really cares about these cars. We should get together some time. You can't be more than five miles from me.

Rick

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Paul,
I would have no reservations. Russel will take good care of you. He really cares about these cars. We should get together some time. You can't be more than five miles from me.

Rick

Probably closer. We eat at Guppy's often. PM me and we can get together. I would like to see your Cobra. I'm itching to get a 289 Slabside.

Paul

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I had Russell change my bolts last Summer. I had to show him how to do it wthout removing the A arms. I guess I need to go back and get the new ones now. :eek

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Beach-GT,

Where are you located? It says Seminole. I live in Niceville and was planning on having Hub City Ford in Crestview do my half-shaft warrantee work. What's your oppinion?

Never mind my question. Found out there are at least 2 Seminole's in Florida. I just checked on Google Maps. I thought maybe you lived in Seminole a couple of miles from Niceville (north of Destin FL) and we could get together. It now appears you live near Tampa. Maybe I'll see you at the races in April in Tampa that DBK is setting up.

Last edited: