Gulf Colored DeLorean on eBay

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I think we have seen just about everything in Gulf colors, now a DeLorean?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...337886&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"This is a special edition Gulf Racing DeLorean"

Now, one COULD order a DeLorean painted whatever color one wanted (within reason...for about $5K if I remember correctly)...so, I suppose this COULD be considered a "special edition" DeLorean if the factory in fact DID paint this one in the Gulf color scheme. But, I sure don't recall the factory having offered this color scheme as an "option". So, I'm calling "bull feathers" on the "special edition" moniker for that reason. I'd bet the farm someone simply had this done at a local shop one day...

(I still think a Buick Grand National turbo v-6 powered DeLorean would be a fun ride!)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
"This is a special edition Gulf Racing DeLorean"

Now, one COULD order a DeLorean painted whatever color one wanted (within reason...for about $5K if I remember correctly)...so, I suppose this COULD be considered a "special edition" DeLorean...

Reading the description - it's wrap, not a paint job. The Florida outfit is the one doing the wrap and refurbs the car with a 6 mo, 6,000 mile warranty.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Reading the description - it's wrap, not a paint job. The Florida outfit is the one doing the wrap and refurbs the car with a 6 mo, 6,000 mile warranty.

Ya, I didn't bother reading the whole blurb (obviously!) after I read that "special edition" comment. :biggrin I 'figgered' if I DID, I'd pbly find out the car was in Nigeria!:lol

Doesn't someone here on The 'Forum restore DMC's?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
A chrome DMC with twin turbo's might be fun. but cornering and stopping .... well. we can't have it all. lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A chrome DMC with twin turbo's might be fun. but cornering and stopping .... well. we can't have it all. lol

Chrome?! 'Shirley' you jest!!!

Actually, there WERE a couple of outfits that offered twin turbo kits for the DMC (from companies loosely tied to The DMC Club of America...SORTA like Heffner & Hennessey are here), and those did up the h.p. some...but, when one considers the stock DMC delivered, what, 140 h.p.(?), any increase at ALL was welcome.

Nope. The ONLY rational way to up the h.p. on a DMC is to transplant a Grand National!!! :banana:banana:banana :thumbsup 'Brakes & cornering? We don't NEED no stinkin' brakes & cornering...