Gtx-1 In Texas

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
The Ford GTX-1 is in Manvel,Tx. @ Southern Ford, 17717 Highway 288 untill 02-14-06. contact: cculver@southernfordsuperstore.com for any infomation !!

AMB

texasgt

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2005
Wow, that's right down the road from Motorsports Ranch. I really want to see the car. Anyone know where the car's headed next? I'm in Austin.
Thanks
Mark

AMB said:
The Ford GTX-1 is in Manvel,Tx. @ Southern Ford, 17717 Highway 288 untill 02-14-06. contact: cculver@southernfordsuperstore.com for any infomation !!

AMB

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Gtx1

After the NBA All Star week in Houston, the GTX1 will reportedly be in Florida until April. It will be on display at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Palm Beach.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Gtx-1

I sat in and looked over the GTX1 in detail at the Houston show last weekend. It's quit a unique look and fairly well done. Especially for an initial concept. The Dupont Registry had it at the show and as a pending GT buyer, I got into the enclosed paddock for a close-up. I liked the open nature of the car. Apparently the tortional strength issue does pop up, but according to the guy there, not to a great extent. Typical open top car cowl shake factor.
I think I'd have a hard time with the base $38k modification price, re value. Other improvements to horsepower and suspension parts go up from there, in stages. They can also repaint the cars to any custom colors. (gom to: www.gtx1.com, 920-242-9156)

If you can find the car, it is quit a nice deal to see it in person.

As a prospective GT buyer, I've now had three local dealers call me, indicating they've "adjusted their price expectations and I may be pleasantly surprised, PLEASE come see us...". Essentially, now, they are all talking MSRP as a starting point. Given the pricing patterns now, I suppose we all knew this was occuring. It's just funny that THEY are now very pro-actively calling me and essentially begging me to come back in, after their laughable initial, prices and eBay auctions flopped. Meanwhile, the new Aston Martin and Z06's are calling to me and I may seriously look at them before jumping on the GT. (I know, I know - no rude comments from you lucky GT owners!) My wife loves the new vette in the base case and as a 6 time vette owner in the past, I may have to get her one just to keep her quiet! I'm not sold on the new body style yet. We'll negotiate internally!

Anyway, go see the GTX1 if it comes through your area. It's a nice piece.
StuM

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
How was your corvette experience, my C5 was a piece of crap, finally gave up and traded it before the warranty expired, not like the warranty was any good anyway.

So far I've been treated very well by Ford, as I expect after spending so much, but I spent a lot, I thought, on the corvette too and Chevy treated me like crap everytime I went for service. Man did they loose a customer for life.

My wife likes the new vette and wanted me to 'just take a look' but I refused, no more for this guy.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Vettes

My C5 ('98 Z51 convt) experience was essentially like yours. It had numerous electrical gremlins and I had them replace warped rotors about 3 times in 40k miles, plus several other little problems. Treated like crap at one local Chevy dealer, but much better at another. I finally refused to use my closest dealer due to their crappy service and constant stories about what they found/fixed on the car. Once they told my my rear license place light was out because the cigar lighter socket was bad! Under warranty, they carged Chevy for a repair and parts. The problem continued. I finally found a grounded rear light wire in the trunk compartment.
Anyway, if my wife continues to push, I may just give in and let her deal with it when things go bad. She wants to sell her '04 M3 for a Vette. I told her, she's nuts.
My other vettes ('75 and '85) had assorted issues, but no more than other cars. The best one was a '67 coupe which I restored and maintained myself. I wish I still had that one!