GT's on track - EUROSPEEDWAY

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Good morning America :thumbsup
Here is new video link for you from good old Germany of our last weeks experience at EUROSPEEDWAY next to Dresden for a privat happening... Great experience I wanna share with you guys.
cars: GT Black 05 (EU), GT Tungsten 06 (US), BMW M5 and Porsche GT3.
Sorry for the suboptimal video cut, but I am not a video pro :frown
Desi

P.S. Check the GT sound at 4:40 at the straight... :bow

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6b1c11c8-0c5b-437d-97eb-2f8f8eacfcb7.htm

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great way to start the week!! Super video!! Do you have the transaxle cooler installed? What engine temps did you expirence? Any lap times recorded and compared to other super cars? Thanks for starting my Monday the right way :cheers :thumbsup :cheers

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
My pleasure :banana

Top oil temperature was between 230-240 degrees - no problems occured during three hours on the track (I only let a lot of rubber :lol - two track days more, and I will need for sure a set of new rear tires :ack ). Has anybody experience on how long the tires will last at average??? On regular street, I would think not more than 5-8.000 miles?

No trans-cooler installed as we track only from time to time. Lab times? No idea as it was not our intention to race rather to experience the car outside the highway off limits. It was so much fun to experience how fast you can go sliding through the curves and speed up on the straight. The car is much much more stable and better to control than the GT3, which should not mean that Porsche's are less fun, not at all, but requires a much more experienced driver to control it at the edge...

Enjoy your day - with regards from our packed and excited soccer town :thumbsup
Desi

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Desi,
however it seems to me you were too quick into the turns, and too slow out of them ! Too much tyre squeaking, rubbing into the bends, and all are taken too tight. Wider means more speed out of the curve most of the times. Try to drive against the clock as you did, and then try to minimize the tyresqueaking in the curves, with a clean line. Not too bad on the tyres (that would kill you in any race), and trust me, most likely faster .. :wink

I know I'm a prick with these comments, but they are really true. We all learn our five cents on the track, the more you go, the better you get.
But hey, thanks for the video ! Really enjoyed it, never been on that track (yet), looks to be fun !

cheers to germany

Stefan

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Yeah, too quick in the turns and not really too slow on the straights - but so much fun and loved that tyresqueaking (even knowing that each turn will cost me at least 20 bucks) - Sorry Stefan but thanks for the tip :lol
Will try next time an will let you know :thumbsup
Desi

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Hey Bony,
may I see the whole frame of your new Avatar :biggrin
"these boots are made for walking..." :banana

Cheers
Desi

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Desi,
I think there is a typo in your quote. Shouldn,t it be -these BOOBS are made for walking, ... ?

Bony, you are again over the top here... what=s next, buddy ? Keep em coming... :biggrin

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
SLF360 said:
Wider means more speed out of the curve most of the times.

Hello Mr Instructor,
Like THIS you mean?? :biggrin

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Oneohoneohone :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
What class? Looks like Honda Civic cup? :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
one of 101 said:
Hello Mr Instructor,
Like THIS you mean?? :biggrin

looks like that teddy bear is taking a dump it is so scared :biggrin
Great video... thanks for posting it :thumbsup

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Desi said:
Oneohoneohone :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
What class? Looks like Honda Civic cup? :biggrin

Its the Danish Touring Car Championship (same spec cars as the World Championship - WTCC)

These cars will blow the doors off a GT on a track any day of the week..:)

Bony,
That my lucky cow on the dash board, and I think she will be quite offended when called a teddy bear..:)