GTR black box

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
This is not the typical accelerometer sensors all cars have but something very different.........

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/24/florida-man-cancels-nissan-gt-r-order-due-to-black-box/

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Rental car companies have installed these already. In once case in New Jersey the renters agreement included a clause not to violate any laws.
The box tied in with GPS reported every time a speed limit was violated and the company issued fines to their renters. A renter sued and won.

My TOM-TOM unit has programmed in many speed limits and tells me in red what my travel speed is when over the limit. Thanks big brother:thumbsdow

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My TOM-TOM unit has programmed in many speed limits and tells me in red what my travel speed is when over the limit. Thanks big brother:thumbsdow

How do you know? Because, always obey the laws of man and nature, you must have be one of the few that actually read the owners manual.
:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ass-x-actly correcto-mundo my man Clinton....
I read about it in the manual...
thanks ! :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ya know, 'twould appear these "black boxes" are a direct violation of one's rights re: "self incrimination". Oh, I'm sure there's some loony "technicality" the state will cling to which they'll claim makes it all legal (just like the B.S. argument used to justify the Supreme Court's whatco decision on eminent domain), but, that doesn't alter the constitutional FACT that is ISN'T.