GT40 on the cover

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
April 2006 Issue of "Classic Cars" has a Gulf livery and an all white GT40 on the cover. The article is on pages 45-55 and has a little article on the GT. Nice concise history lesson and photos, ...and cutouts.

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
Border's has it. Barnes & Noble and BAM don't carry it.

Last edited:

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
The cutaway drawing of the Gulf GT40

Love to read those british articles, they are always making it sound like the GT40 is a British car....

when it was designed and engineered in Dearborn, Michigan USA

As soon as we saw the article we tracked down the artist so we can get his drawing into our book Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT. We asked him:

"Why did you do the Gulf GT40 when it looks almost the same as the Mk. I of 1965?"
His answer: "Because Ford had given up on the Mk. I small block and gone onto the big blocks and I think the comeback of the small block in the form of the Gulf GT40 is one of racing's great stories."

Ditto.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
bitzman said:
"Why did you do the Gulf GT40 when it looks almost the same as the Mk. I of 1965?"
His answer: "Because Ford had given up on the Mk. I small block and gone onto the big blocks and I think the comeback of the small block in the form of the Gulf GT40 is one of racing's great stories."

Ditto.

I would like to see a GT-40 MK I 289 vs. a GT-40 MK IV 427 and then see how that turnes out.