Algarve.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
Great Q Race, Wesbrook was a monster on the move first half of the race. Looks good for tomorrow. GT1 racing is the best in the world. Watch the replay when they post it.

Attachments

• Algarve Q Race.jpg
    Algarve Q Race.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 146

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Both Westbrook and Mutsch drove brilliant race stints. Richard, in the first half, brought the #5 car from about a 22th start up to about 10th, then Thomas continued the onslaught by moving up to 5th overall, putting them in a great spot for the start of tomorrow's Championship Race. Congratulations to both driver's on superb performances.

Go Blu

Last edited:

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Great racing here in Portimao! Ralphie, they have an office in the pits you'd love. Will upload some pictures later.

Thomas and Rich drove a great combined qualifying race after some gremlins early in the morning qualifying session. And don't forget Nicolas and Neel. They were also moving up very nicely in the qualifying race until an apparent electrical problem limited revs to ~5000 or so. Pit work for both cars was flawless! The team is excited about tomorrow and so are we.

And as usual, Matech hospitakity is simply the best!

Maybe we can get Steve to post one of the cheekiest pictures I think I've ever seen...

Last - it was Aline's birthday today and she spent it here at the track with her "away" family. Shoot her a birthday greeting, she'll absolutely love it!

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Great racing here in Portimao! Ralphie...

It looks like a beautiful track, and the weather appears to be great for racing. I was a bit disappointed in the attendance at the circuit - seems like most of the grandstands were virtually empty. Hopefully, a bigger crowd will show up tomorrow for the Championship Race. Wish I could be there with you, but I'm just putting the final touches on my GT prior to locking up the house and heading for Virginia and North Carolina for Rally V. My best to Martin, Steven, and all the Matech drivers and mechanics.

Joe Dozzo said:
Last - it was Aline's birthday today....

:party Happy Birthday, Aline!!! :party

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Thanks Joe, and hi to you all from us here at Matech. Certainly an interesting race, and we managed to get a great result from a really frustrating qualifying. We found a technical problem on car 5 after qualifying which explained the poor performance. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Just finishing some photographs and will upload shortly.

All the best,
Matech GT1

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
I might have missed the post, but I was waiting for the race to start. Clicked on "GT1 life" Hailey and Johnny - The wrong turn to the Nordschleife and saw a cameo by a couple of local boys.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The FGT's are getting quite a bit of camera time!

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
Close - but no cigar, good try boys. Both races GT3 & GT1 (2:00 & 3:30) will repeat on Bloomburg this afternoon.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Great Racing!

From my perspective, the race was won at the pit stop. Thomas and Richard did a magnificent jobs in their driving stints, and the race strategy of tire management by Matech was excellent. The pit stop by the Vitaphone Maserati #1 team of Michael Bartels and Andrea Bertolini was a replay of the Matech pit stop at Brno, where a significant advantage was gained by the crew team. Matech did not lose the race in the pits today, Vitaphone won it! Their crew should be congratulated. The Matech crew also did a fine job in the pit, propelling the #5 car up from 5th to 3rd position, after which Westbrook made a beautiful charge after the #13 Corvette Z06, and then the Maserati.

All in all, it was one one of the best races of the season so far - a genuine crowd pleaser! I was happy to see the main grandstand more populated than at yesterday's Qualifying Race.

Congratulations Matech on a fine race!! :thumbsup

Go Blu​

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
What a race !.....very close at the end....so very close. Ralphie's summary is correct....but a good result considering we started in p-21 yesterday. We hope you have been entertained.

Matech GT1

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
What a joy!!! From the depths of despair Saturday in qualifying to the podium on Sunday!!! The team worked exceptionally well and bot teams made huge improvments from their starting positions. Being part of the effort today is one I'll remember for a very long time. And if only... Coulda been a 1st, easily! I only wish I could stay for the next race in Spain (apparently a last minute substitution for the Durban SA race).

Neel and Nicolas also did great work finishing a strong 12th.

Also congrats to the MarcVDS team finishing 5th and 15th.

Racing was clean as a whistle, no Nurburgring-bumper-car stuff. Exciting doesn't begin to describe the action. Put real meaning in "you had to be there"! I hope to one more time this year!

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
Just finished watching the GT3 race.(TiVo/Bloomburg.) Marc VDS made a great run in the lead, until Gael Lesoudier got punted on lap 24 by Paul Van Splunteren's Porsche. I was glad to see Callaway Competition Corvette Z06R overhaul the Porsche in the end. One can see the race on: http://gt3europe.com/