GT Guy's coming to Maryland IX 4/14-4/17

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We have a tentative date for the GT Guy's coming to Maryland IX (2016) set for April 14-17 as long as we get enough participation for the event it will happen again. For those locals and semi locals (NY, NJ, NC, Del, Va. etc..) who need short shifters, cars lowered, pulley and tunes, routine service, fluids replaced, oil pump belts, serpentine belts, alignments, Whipple installs, Speed hut gauges, bumper deletes, double dins installed (if you have one), back up cameras, sub woofer deletes, exhausts, body alignments, door adjustments etc.. Please let us know so we can get the list going and Rich can get the pricing for their work out to you. Also, Rich and Denis will be making a stop in Carlisle PA on the way to Maryland for those who are too far up north to make the trip.

Spectators Welcome!!!!

Moderators could you please put a sticky on this thread?

Tomcat

GT Owner
I'm interested...Heffner X-pipe install.
Can you email me the address (tbaranek@earthlink.net)

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Would like to make it. Have already talked with Rich, but will depend on work.

Thanks, John..

Bruce

Richhill43

Apr 13, 2010
Johnson City, NY
John, I sent you a private message regarding this thread. Thanks, Rich

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John, I sent you a private message regarding this thread. Thanks, Rich

Thanks Rich I just responded

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
had ammonia last year will have to see what kind of catastrophic thing happens this year, at least I'm optimistic. wish the 350R would be here by then.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I spoke to Rich today and due to their workload at home and the borderline amount of work on travel we are going to cancel this year’s event and hope we can pull it off next year.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Too much workload for the GT Guys at home is a big positive. But, (trying hard here not to sound like my usual self) GT Guy road trips don't just happen spontaneously.

I am convinced that, to some extent, there is an expectation that these events will just happen. Wrong.

The road trips represent a very big commitment for Rich and Denis. The GT community needs to step up and commit to support them. In advance.

Thinking "I'll just jump in when they get here" does not work. Does this happen? Having hosted the GT Guys, I can say, yes, this happens. For many reasons, I'm sure. Nevertheless, your commitment is no harder than their commitment.

I know the workload is there to support them. As John said, hope we can pull it off next year.

In the meantime, I hope Rich and Denis are busting their asses with GT work. :)

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Well said Gary

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Hosting rich and Dennis last year was a privilege for me and an opportunity realized for several Atlanta area owners. Hopefully we will have that opportunity in the future but as Gary said everyone needs to commit up front to make it worth there time. They don't need to come to us to get work but do it as a service supporting our forum.