GT edition car lock

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Hi everyone,

We are about to kick off a new product and I thought this forum might be a good indicator as to the product's potential in upscale markets.

The lock is to keep the vehicle secure when it is not at home. It is also useful in securing the trailer your Gal may be riding in or for any other toys on trailers such as boats, ATV's, etc.

It looks like other products but it is the lightest out there, hardened to stop saws and uses a Medeco hardened lock system. The carry bag hangs on the steering wheel as a reminder the lock is installed and it fits great in the car cover storage area in the GT.

Retail is $349, Internet intro is $299. If we get near 100 interested I would do a cutom GT lock emblem and bag like the photos and as shown at www.mcgard.com/gtcarlock for $249. All prices include shipping.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Derry

Attachments

• DSMGT1.jpg
    DSMGT1.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 337
  • DSMGT2.jpg
    DSMGT2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 345

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Another winner from Derry!!

Thank you sir. Sign me up please. :thumbsup

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Put a fake ticket on the windshield and park anywhere.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Put a fake ticket on the windshield and park anywhere.

:lol

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
'...when it is not at home.' ? Who ever would have thunk?

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Ouch, almost 200 viewings and only 1 sale. Does not bode well for this product line. Any of you who looked but were not interested, I would greatly appreciate any feedback as to why. Please feel free to post or PM me.

Kingman my friend, I am shipping yours to you absolutely free for being the only sale so far. I would appreciate your feedback as a user.

Thank you,
Derry

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Derby, for me I just don't feel I have a need for such a thing.
I almost never leave my car anywhere but at home that I feel it is at risk.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Looks like a great product however when my car leaves home im either in it or within sight of it.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Ouch, almost 200 viewings and only 1 sale. Does not bode well for this product line. Any of you who looked but were not interested, I would greatly appreciate any feedback as to why. Please feel free to post or PM me.

Kingman my friend, I am shipping yours to you absolutely free for being the only sale so far. I would appreciate your feedback as a user.

Thank you,
Derry

Derry, I think it's a terrific idea if I used my car as a daily, or even just more regularly. But it's either in my garage at home, or in my line of sight if I'm out. Usually, when I'm out, it's just for a drive, and then back home to my bat cave.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
personally I'd be more inclined to pick one up for my 69 Mach 1......

It takes 30 seconds to be flying down the highway with a car like that - doesnt even have a steering column lock!....

The FGT when I take out is either w/ valet or in eye sight...... then back to the cave on the top bunk.... Personally more worried about a car jack than a steal job.

Derry, How about a "remote" cut off. Call it The Detroit Killer special. Works in that the car can't run if the "fob" is more than 100 or 200 ft away? Just have to remember to take it with you before you leave the premise and not keep on key chain.... :biggrin

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Thank you,
Derry

Alright!!! Schweeeeeeeeet!

Thanks!!

Consumer Reports here I come. :biggrin

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I want to thank those who gave me feedback on this thread as well as PMs! I really appreciate it.

It seems nobody ever leaves their GT exposed to potential bad guys. My thought originally was for the rare times left alone (even once per year) it would be worth it coupled with the fact it works on virtually any other vehicle would make it in demand.

We may step it down and approach the Porsche owners:biggrin

Thanks again.

Derry