GT 500 car cover

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Hey Everyone,

I finally got a new GT500 at a price I was willing to pay. But believe it or not my FGT gets to stay in the garage and the Shelby GT500 will have to sit outside, while she waits on the Super Snake list.

I do live in sunny So. Cal, but I want a good all weather cover to protect my new baby. Any suggestions?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
California Car Cover, or Griots are good sources. They all get their covers made by COVERCRAFT. Get an all weather cover that breathes and allows moisture to enter and leave. That is important, if you get a water tight cover and moisture gets in, the heat from the sun will ruin the finish of the car. Congrats on the new purchase.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Thanks Bony! I bought one for the FGT from California, just not the best fitting in the world. I know that the Shelby options show a cover, but I assume that is just similar to the one we got with the FGT?

I'll check out California's web site. Thanks again!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I purchased both my FGT and GT500 covers from California and think they both fit great. They have good selections to choose the right one for the GT500 as it will be outside, as Bony said.