GT-40 Book Question

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
What is the difference between the Spain and Legate books? I own the Spain. Is the Legate an update of that? Worth also owning?

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
GT-40 Books

AZGT said:
What is the difference between the Spain and Legate books? I own the Spain. Is the Legate an update of that? Worth also owning?

The books are different and both are worth owning. Ronnie Spain's book mostly concentrates on each chassis built both in the 60's and later with details of the race and owner history. Unless you want to know the name of the latest owner, any edition will do fine. It is a must have if you own or are looking to purchase an original GT-40. I would strongly recommend you hire an expert such as George Stauffer if you are planning on buying an original GT-40, but Spain's book is an excellent resource and starting point.
Legate's book also enumarates individual chassis records but is stronger on the racing history of the GT-40s and has some great photos from the era.
David Hodges book is also worth owning but I'm not certain if it is still in print.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Thanks Sharp33.