GT 1/4 mile times

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Piko, the engine mods are similar to yours I believe. Stronger rods and pistons, head work, different cams, spec clutch, bigger injectors.. I had some custom 18" rims made and purchased some Bfg 345/30/18 drag radials. But I don't think I did my homework properly. The BFG have a diameter of only 26.15, not much sidewall for added flex and traction on launch. I did some research after the M&H post last night.

The Nittos that you were running 305/45/18 have a side wall height of approx 5.4". the M&H 325/45/17 have a side wall height of approx 5.75". The BFG's that I purchased have a sidewall height of only 4". Do the M&H hook considerably better than the Nittos? And, was the 17" rim fitment issue very difficult?

Additionally, I'm putting a cage in my car so that when its ready to run, I won't have tech issues. At 5' 8" I'm a midget compared to you, so, maybe I'll be able to fit in the car when its done.

Keep up the good, crazy work. Its exciting to see and hear about the exploits of you and your car. Where is that Busa now?

Be safe.
Cuda,
so with the cage you'll be in the eight legally... Film, pls ! Exciting project there...

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Joe, Ive seen your videos and Im a big fan of your car. Your cars nasty keep up the good work!

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
Piko, the engine mods are similar to yours I believe. Stronger rods and pistons, head work, different cams, spec clutch, bigger injectors.. I had some custom 18" rims made and purchased some Bfg 345/30/18 drag radials. But I don't think I did my homework properly. The BFG have a diameter of only 26.15, not much sidewall for added flex and traction on launch. I did some research after the M&H post last night.

The Nittos that you were running 305/45/18 have a side wall height of approx 5.4". the M&H 325/45/17 have a side wall height of approx 5.75". The BFG's that I purchased have a sidewall height of only 4". Do the M&H hook considerably better than the Nittos? And, was the 17" rim fitment issue very difficult?

Additionally, I'm putting a cage in my car so that when its ready to run, I won't have tech issues. At 5' 8" I'm a midget compared to you, so, maybe I'll be able to fit in the car when its done.

Keep up the good, crazy work. Its exciting to see and hear about the exploits of you and your car. Where is that Busa now?

Be safe.

Is Jon going to be piloting it down the track?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Yea, I'm too afraid to drive it.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yea, I'm too afraid to drive it.

Then what is the core intention for following that path ? If you can't personally enjoy it then why ?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Just joking.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Just joking.

Your sarcasm slipped right thru the text. Keep us posted.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
CALIFORNIA CUDA!!!!!!!! THE TIRES I AM RUNNING RIGHT NOW ARE 17 INCH M & H and they are great very very sticky drag tire.. with tread... they hold 900 in first gear and all of 1450 in the rest second gear is 1350 RWHP

JOE

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Simply amazing for 17" tires. Great find!

I have been doing research concerning tires, acceleration, weight transfer, and G's. Is there any way you could plug in a portable G Meter and see what kind of G's you are pulling in 1st or 2nd gear. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the great work, we are all impressed and excited with all the happenings of your wild ride. Be safe.

P.S. If you do happen to monitor G's, maybe let us know what kind of road surface. As you know, road conditions (track, asphalt, rough concrete) make a big difference.

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Be safe.

Cuda,
If you have not bought the 325 M&H's yet hold off. I am almost positive we can fit the 390 at 29.5 inches tall! I have the 325's on the car now but the 390's should be here by 04/06/07 I think they will be out of control if they fit. I have CCW's wheels a very small amount of grinding is required it is almost more like polishing than grinding. I will keep you posted