Got rear ended in GT, was thinking of bumper delete, till I see what its for..pics

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I had a fear of a rear ender so I got a little circuit (fits in a square lipstick tube) and added it into the LED 3rd eye brake light circuit.

What it does is flash the third eye brake light three times before coming on steady with the other main brake lights. The pulse tends to draw the eye more than a steady light. And the effect looks quite cool.

Figured what the heck, I'll take any tiny advantage I can get for an undamaged ride.

Company was Minigo...makes accessories for the Mini, but I think there are some made for motorcycles as well, don't know by whom.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Allstate guy is coming around to see it next week..... we'll see what he comes up with.

Stuart

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Stuart,

Sounds funny, but make sure he knows what type of Ford GT you have. The first time the ins. adjuster showed up to look at mine he had a parts manual for a 2005 Ford 'MUSTANG" GT. He was shocked and not very helpfull. I know that sounds funny, but it is a true story.

Larry Boatner

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ford dealer parts counter guys often don't know either. THAT'S just as true!

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Here's the numbers on the fix....
Sorry for the quality... you will need glasses as it's shrunk from my screen save on my lap top.

Stuart

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 159

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
And a bumper delete these days costs...................?

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Think the bumper delete runs near 5k

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Here's the numbers on the fix....
Sorry for the quality... you will need glasses as it's shrunk from my screen save on my lap top.

Stuart

I know that labor rates vary from location/location.......but that labor rate is somewhere near $40. per hour....which seems cheap...........I suggest you dont agree to the repair until you have contacted the actual repair facility, as that labor rate might change (upwards)......it usually will increase with the value of a particular car....and/or the shop who specilizes in a particular brand...ie...ferrari, aston etc etc... I had a porsche repaired and my insurance offered $45 per hour labor, the shop demanded $165....they got it based on the type of car it was, and the type of work they performed at that shop.........

H

HHGT

Agree with Gino. The $45 rate is to fix a Hyundai, Corolla, Sentra or a BMW but not the GT. The Body shop I have used previously works on high end luxury cars and charges $150 per hour.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
I had a fear of a rear ender so I got a little circuit (fits in a square lipstick tube) and added it into the LED 3rd eye brake light circuit.

What it does is flash the third eye brake light three times before coming on steady with the other main brake lights. The pulse tends to draw the eye more than a steady light. And the effect looks quite cool.

Figured what the heck, I'll take any tiny advantage I can get for an undamaged ride.

Company was Minigo...makes accessories for the Mini, but I think there are some made for motorcycles as well, don't know by whom.

Great idea. Just ordered.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Have a link? :thumbsup

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Hey Donny I have done this on both the GT's so check out the thread below for some tips and feel free to contact me with any questions.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...GT-safety&highlight=third+brake+light+go+mini

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Hey Donny I have done this on both the GT's so check out the thread below for some tips and feel free to contact me with any questions.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...GT-safety&highlight=third+brake+light+go+mini

I believe some race cars have them for the reason stated...........I am braking...look out........Great idea for the GT......:thumbsup

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Have a link? :thumbsup

gominigo.com

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas

Thanks for the offer! Will hunt you down. Ordered a pair.

Hope all is well up north.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
gominigo.com

Thank you

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Stuart, I sympathize with you but I applaud your outlook on your situation. I do have a question for you. Have you found someone you are comfortable working on your Heritage? I'm in Tampa and unlike you my Heritage was "victimized" by me; backing up into my garage with my Hemi - Dart I dinged my front end with the exhaust tip of my Dart. I feel like a real bonehead. Haven't had it repaired for fear of someone screwing up the paint.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Stuart,
It is difficult to tell on the parts scan, I see the bumper cover, exhaust bezel, and muffler listed but what about the rest of the parts? If it were me I would not allow them to "refresh" the other pieces but would demand OE replacements (fram horns, bumper impact bar, etc). Other than the paint you should be able to get all new bolt-on pieces to make it as if it never happened.

bumper.jpg

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I think the car is going to Dayas for repairs.
I'm not sure if looking at the car as it is, that you can get the quote exactly right in it's dinged state.
I need to make sure that the guys pulling the rear end off check for anything that looks not 100%.
If so then add it to the itemized list.