Got my vin # and build date,how long to build?

gt34

May 6, 2006
n.c.beach
I have ordered a blk with wheels,calipers and side delete.Build date is 7-17-06.How long does it usually take to build,ship and deliver?When will the last GT roll off the line?
Love the site.
Thank you,
GT 34

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Spends a few(3?) days in paint, two days in assembly, a day or two getting the motor and interior, then just has to wait to be shipped from Wixom. Mine was done last monday, still waiting for it to be trucked 15 miles across town. :frown:lol

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Mine was in paint May 25-29 (includes a weekend with some down time), frame assembly at SSV,Troy on the 30th, I saw it in body assembly the 31st and it went to Ford, Wixom on June 1. Had an audit performed which slowed it down a bit. It was shipped June 16th (again includes a weekend) and I received it Monday the 19th.

From the official build date which as I understand it is when Wixom does its part of the assemlbly process to loading on the Reliable carrier should be about 2 weeks max, depending on Ford being able to get a group of cars going to the same region. Shipping is variable of course depending on where you're receiving the car.

Good luck, the wait is a killer but well worth it!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
DBK'S dilema

:willy with all of your "connections" can't you find a couple of guys from the 'hood to push it the required 15 miles?

And with that many miles on it, you could re-negotiate the purchase price as it would be considered a high mileaged used vehicle.

As one who had to do the "when the hell is it going to be here" wait for delivery, I know how special it is to actually almost see it unloaded, then have to wait another day for the "required" PDI and then, and only then, the wait was over.

The GT of My Dreams was MINE.

GT :biggrin Perm-a-grins :biggrin permanently installed on this owners noggin. And everyone else with knowledge or involvement with The Saga. The family and friends, and all those who "happened" to be at the dealership that day. Cameras everywhere. Millions and millions of pictures. The handoff of the keys. Extreme apprehension and fear when I had to drive on to a public roadway. As I remember (barely), I needed at least three blocks of clear traffic, in both directions, to cross that curb onto a 4 lane road. The perm-a-grin, the wave goodby and the starting mile of my ownership.

That is a day I shall never forget.

And then the Fun began.

Dave - A hearty, if not a bit early -----WELCOME TO THE CLUB

Most Sincerely your friend forever,
Jeff