Good spot to run wires to the nose?

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I need to run a couple GPS antennas from the cockpit up to the front of the GT. The trouble is things look pretty sealed up with no obvious (or acceptable) paths for the cables. Can anyone direct me to a good location? Needs to be big enough for the GPS antenna connector X2 to fit.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Take out the kick panel on the front passenger side floor/front bulkhead. Seperating the passenger compartment and front hood area are some rubber grommets that have some flex to run cable through.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I fed some small diameter wire through one of the existing grommets of the copper pipe that passes through the fire wall above the SJB box. ( passenger side , end of the foot well ) I pushed a rigid wire with a loop on it through first than I tied the small diameter wire to the rigid wire and pulled it through. I little lube is recommended..

Last edited:

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
californiacuda, I looked at those grommets and would consider them for multi-strand wire but I'm afraid it may kink the coax and ruin the cable.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I feed some small diameter wire through one of the existing grommets of the copper pipe that passes through the fire wall above the SJB box. ( passenger side , end of the foot well ) I pushed a rigid wire with a loop on it through first than I tied the small diameter wire to the rigid wire and pulled it through. I little lube is recommended..

I did this EXACT procedure for the power wires in the camera/data system. I used brazing wire & WD-40! :biggrin

I think this method would destroy the antenna wires, not to mention the connectors would be a huge PITA or impossible to pass through the grommet.