HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast

Reactions: SYCO GT and 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
thanks for the link.

I must be damn lucky. I just swap the battery like a regular old schmuck from the olden days. Never had a code or anything else.

Reactions: HNS

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
thanks for the link.

I must be damn lucky. I just swap the battery like a regular old schmuck from the olden days. Never had a code or anything else.
Personally I’d rather be lucky than good!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I disagree that it was a good article. The entire premise is wrong ! Disconnecting a battery on GT will not turn on the check engine light. The drive cycle also has nothing to do with the check engine light. The drive cycle is to ready a vehicle for State emissions inspection if you recently disconnected a battery or cleared a trouble code with a scan tool recently. The proper way to tell if a drive cycle is complete is with a scan tool. Doing a drive cycle will not turn off check engine light...unrelated!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That article is almost 4 years old, but I call a little bit of BS, er, dramatic license. Leno is far too experienced with all kinds of cars to not know about the drive cycle.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
thanks for the link.

No, but if you put in a new battery and trot down to an OBDII based emissions test station they'll send you home and tell you to "run the drive cycle".

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I've also swapped my 2006 Ford GT batteries a couple times and never an issue.

But yeah, I don't love doing the drive cycle in any car...

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
On my fourth battery, and never a problem (except when I drop the stupid bolt down into the undertray!)

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
On my fourth battery, and never a problem (except when I drop the stupid bolt down into the undertray!)
Been there, done that........

Reactions: 2112 and PeteK