Go Pro Video of Texas Mongrel at Circuit of The Americas last weekend.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
There is even a small glimpse of his GT in the video.

[video=youtube;ryS-pqOk4fA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryS-pqOk4fA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Larry

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Nicely done, Gentlemen. Nicely done!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Wow, what a nice looking track! Makes we want to move back to Austin!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
What, did Dave just get pissed off and drive away? :biggrin
Nice vid.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Really enjoyed that, thank you.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Wwabbit

Tony was in the Daves GT. Dave was turning 2:34 and Tony 2:40's. Tony did not want to abuse Daves GT. Dave had asked Tony to help him bring the GT from Houston so that he could experience the Track thru both cars. After getting faster each session in the McClaren Dave chose to stick with it to get his best lap times. The Mac with traction control gave Dave a much more confident feel around the track. If you remember NOLA well, Dave spent quite a few times looping thru the enfield, sorry Dave, with the back end of the GT passing the front end. haha The traction control on my GT 500 was incredible. Dave and I both threatened to disable the Trac Locs for the final sessions but neither of us had the intestinal fortitude. We were threatened by the Race Promoter with nearly death if you had an off. I found that the trac loc will absolutely keep you on the track. The GT500 trac loc will regulate the accelerator as the back end steps out. I got to the point of once I was into the turn I would just floor it and let the nannies do the drift control.

BTW- Indy and all you that helped Tony at NOLA try to make his decision between a Leguna Seca and a GT 500! He is picking up his LS on Monday in Austin. Next track day he will be driving his own fast track car.

Larry Boatner

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
What, did Dave just get pissed off and drive away? :biggrin
Nice vid.
Ha Ha, actually that was my post-session ritual; off to the gas station! I was getting one lap per gallon, so after 10-11 laps it was time to fill up so I wouldn't run out on the next session ( don't ask me how I found this out.....)

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Fords do not do any better on racing gas mileage!!!!! Ask me how I know after I didn't learn from Dave. I started one session with 89 miles on the computer till empty. Only running 7-8 laps at 3.2 miles = 25. After first hard lap dropped to 68, 2nd lap 55, 3rd lap warning light and down to 39, 4th lap barely made it back to the pits. 16 gallon tank on the GT500. (My only peeve about this car) Could not get 2 sessions out of a tank!!! Lucky there was an Exxon just outside the gate at decent 93 octane prices.
Track DID NOT have race gas available FYI.

Larry

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Nice video Larry / Dave

I think I was getting something like 3.5 mpg so I could get two sessions of 7 - 8 laps. I sure hope we get to go back