Getting closer to a finished car.....

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Its getting closer...I few minor set backs, surely but slowly its getting there.So as we were finishing up the carbon clambshell with the air tubes inside of it my brother decided he better start on an air box for the car. So like the 1st week of march he started on it. It took probably over 300 hours by the time he was done making the mold and making the part to get it this far. I got one more round of wet sanding and a coat of clear on it and it will be done. The Clambshell is 100% carbon top and bottom, Bottom with a Cosmetic carbon finish. Has Ram air tubes that are cosmetic carbon and they are bonded to the top of the clambshell before the clamb is bonded together. I got rid of the small plastic ducks so the holes are bigger and look much cooler where the air enters the clamb to go to the air box. You can literally put your arm down the clambshell threw these holes.
I then duplicated all the mounting hardware inside the clamb for all the latches, hinges, etc out of alum off of original steel stuff I disected out of a junk clamb. I also made the headlight mounting brackets and they are Identical to originals, as one day a couple years ago Ford was out so I had a local company make those too off a brand new set I borrowed from a guy. Now they have them again but ohwell...Lol

Anyways more pics to come in the next few days as i get it all wrapped up...:thumbsup

Attachments

• gt25.jpg
    gt25.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 476
  • gt 24.jpg
    gt 24.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 525
  • GT clambshell pic.jpg
    GT clambshell pic.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 470
  • gt23.jpg
    gt23.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 478
  • GT rear shot 1.jpg
    GT rear shot 1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 507

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
Looks great. Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the runway event in Dallas.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
MORE....Carbon Zr1 brakes too:biggrin

Attachments

• GT side pic 1.jpg
    GT side pic 1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 457
  • GT side pic.jpg
    GT side pic.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 479
  • Gt rear shot.JPG
    Gt rear shot.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 528
  • gt rear shot 2.jpg
    gt rear shot 2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 461

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Looks great. Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the runway event in Dallas.

Yup kinda bummed, but not much I could do about it. We have been swamped and 16-20 hours a day since December. I hired a painter to help get all the final wetsand and buff stuff done, but he hurt his back last week or it would of been done this week. So im rocking on it this weekend and will have it done next week. Should have it mostly assembled late tomorrow night.... Thanks too and see you soon!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, very impressive.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
MOST impressive!!!

You have faaar, faaaaaaaar more ambition than Pockets.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Between your car using a centrifugal pump for a blower, Mullet combining a supercharger, turbos, and nitrous, Mark H. and Peak breaking records, and Soroush wisely using to tools of his trade.... someone is about to go past ludicrous speed and straight to Plaid!

Great work on the cf!

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
That looks fantastic! Excellent job. I can't wait to hear how the mods perform.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wow, very impressive.

Add me to the list. :thumbsup

Did you say the clam is 100% yours or did your start with a CF shell and upgrade it?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Add me to the list. :thumbsup

Did you say the clam is 100% yours or did your start with a CF shell and upgrade it?

We made the molds for the clamb so yes 100% ours...roof skin is a 1piece carbon roof too! our rear bumper cover mold is just about done but I wasnt waiting any longer to get my car done lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Very nice looking machine... kudos on execution. The air filters are a cool looking solution. I am interested in the strut brace setup you have. Shoot me a PM about it when you have time. I know you are swapped. I can wait to see this thing in person. Maybe I can't talk you into taking me for a ride. Keep us posted on progress. I hope you break some records!!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks Mark. Hopefully nextweek I will have it all buttoned up. But then again I had hoped for that before the mile lol I am getting a quote done for ya, I had fixture made for the x Member but never planned on making them so were trying to figure out a price! Talk to ya soon...

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
is that a ford paint color? it looks really good :cool

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
O7-9 vista blue and tungsten grey which is diff than the ford gt Tungsten. Even had a stencil made for the doors and painted the ford gt on:) Thanks too!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - your GT has alot of character with the custom paint and custom everything else :thumbsup the centrifugal supercharger is just trick!!! i look forward to seeing how fast your GT can go on a runway sometime :cheers

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
^^^^ - your GT has alot of character with the custom paint and custom everything else :thumbsup the centrifugal supercharger is just trick!!! i look forward to seeing how fast your GT can go on a runway sometime :cheers

Thanks! It's been a long three years that's for sure! Trust me I can't wait to find out how fast or slow it is either lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I can't wait to find out how fast or slow it is either lol

It WON'T be "slow"!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I hope not! Quick is what it needs to be. Heard a ugr stage 3 1250whp car beat up on Ams 1600whp gtr today testing for tomorrows roll race in Dallas. Hopefully Ams had it turned down....I know when I drag race that nothing counts till race day so tomorrow we shall see who is the fastest in the country!!!

99turbo

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2011
Your car and fab work looks amazing!

I'm trying to figure out a cool way to run ram air tubes to my filters on my twin turbo set up.

Cant wait to see yours run!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Very, very nice work! I hope I get to see it in person somewhere? Going to the rally?