Gennaddi doors

socal28

Apr 23, 2007
Those with Genaddi Doors or GTB's...

Hi,

How is the fit and finish for this conversion?
Any doors or hinges rattling during driving?
Does it open by-itself and/or can you stop it halfway up (just in case if it's about to hit something)?
Wind noise while driving?

Thanks for any feedback.

Steve

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
>>>How is the fit and finish for this conversion?<<<
professional...basically bullet proof

>>>Any doors or hinges rattling during driving?<<<
None

>>>Does it open by-itself and/or can you stop it halfway up (just in case if it's about to hit something)?<<<

You can stop it. You can just have your hand on the handle and control it 100%

>>>Wind noise while driving?<<<
Zero

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA

>>>Any doors or hinges rattling during driving?<<<
None

>>>Does it open by-itself and/or can you stop it halfway up (just in case if it's about to hit something)?<<<

You can stop it. You can just have your hand on the handle and control it 100%

>>>Wind noise while driving?<<<
Zero

Well, that was to the point! :wink :biggrin :lol

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
DITTO! Truely a work of art. Smooth as glass.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Here are some pics of the doors, I think it makes the GT look more striking in appearance.

FGT_02.jpg

FGT_01.jpg

FGT_03.jpg

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA

I'll remember that when i'm in a gun fight :).

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Pretty amazing conversion, Bernard is a great guy of many words. I was impressed to see him do an install.

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
One of the things that concerns me is what is required for the install. This made me hold off on it....
The fenders and bumper are removed and pushed forward to accomodate enough room for opening and when I saw it the lines were and body gaps were off as a result
Some drilling and mods are required that are permanent. Even if you go back to the regular method for opening doors, the holes, etc.. still exist.
The fit and finish on the car I saw was far from perfect. It appeared there was some rubbing on the inside door sills and while the action was smooth, it required the person opening the door to be very smooth as well.

Maybe I saw a prototype one, but from what I saw and the mods require to install it, along with the very high price, I decided to hold off.
Aside from that, it looks great and is very effective when parking in normal spots.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Here are some pics of the doors, I think it makes the GT look more striking in appearance.

I agree with you completely. I thought the factory door design was a visually impressive statement. But your converted doors definitely create a strong sense of occasion.

Thanks for sharing the multiple pictures from various angles. Would love to see a photo from the direct rear of the car also if you have one handy.

The bumper delete and exhaust shows nicely also. :thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Maybe I saw a prototype one, but from what I saw and the mods require to install it, along with the very high price, I decided to hold off.
Aside from that, it looks great and is very effective when parking in normal spots.

I can't speak to what you saw but the one I am driving looks great. it was real fun taking it out for lunch and parking in peace with it. I do not see any gaps.

FGT_04.jpg