General tips for new owners

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
1. Buy and extra front spoiler or two as back up. It is easy to scrape the front end going into angled driveways (run about $180.00).
2. Purchase an extra rear diffuser system. Never know when you will damage the flutes and in the future these parts may not be available. ($1400.00)
3. Extra set of door sills and mats won't hurt either.
4. Take care of it, change the oil every 3000 miles or every year.
5. Keep it out of the elements as much as possible and in covered garages.
6. It performs less predicatable in snow, suggest moving to all year warm climate. More fun as you can drive the car 11-12 months a year.
7. Keep a decent level of detail on it, wax, enhancers, and protectants for the paint.
8. Open the engine compartment after a long run or heavy use, prevents heat from potentially warping the rear vents.
10. Installation of aftermarket rear exhausts may lead to rear vent clam shell warping.
11. 1st gear is way to the left, 3rd gear looks like first if you are not paying attention. Smoking the clutch is common from starting out in 3rd gear on a hill, okay once, but not more than that, and it is expensive to repair.
12. Be nice to your Ford Dealer, most of them are incrediblely nice people who are very proud of the FGT. Mine is a gem amongst dealerships.
13. Be careful not to be offended if someone in the Forum may make a comment that upsets you. There area lot of intense car guys in here who love their FGTs, it is generally a big happy family.
14. Remember, this is a car that most of us dreamed of owning when we were kids, never to have thought that it was possible now, and to have this unitlmate sports car is a unique opportunity.

My FGT has no price! And if I had more than one, none of them would have a price! :banana

To download the original "The One Videos"
http://www.fordgt.net/gt_videos.html

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
15. Never underestimate your ability to appreciate driving a FGT

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for all the info I am thankful to you guys, I have so much to learn about my car. The hardest thing thought is trying to get the smile off my face since the day I got it. Dose anyone know of a good service dealer in Wisconsin?