GEM Car or Golf Cart (4 seater)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm looking for an electric low maintenance golf cart to show potential customers around a 6 acre asphalt paved lot. It should have good power.

Does anyone have any local Southern California dealers that they could recommend for this type of vehicle?

Anyone familiar with the GEM vehicles, I thought that might be nicer than a standard golf cart.

Budget is about $7K - $12K.

Also, any specialty type vehicles - little race type cart, like the ones we saw at Carroll Shelby's in Vegas.

Thanks for any info!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
There is a cart manufacturer in Escondido:

Pacific Golf Cars
361 N Andreasen Dr
Escondido, CA 92029
(760) 745-9503
pacificgolfcars.com

or just Google "golf cart Escondido" or any other town for that matter.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Th!nk...

Steer well clear of the Ford Th!nk. I have one and it's a nightmare. Just installed $1400 in new batteries (for the third time) and it D-E-A-D!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The one's at the Shelby plant were $25K with A/C, etc.

H

HHGT

Hey Randy, I own a 1992 GEM car and love it. The early models had a Circuit Board replacement recall and the new ones have better Battery Chargers. You can see them on eBay frequently, but their prices serged recently due to the run up in fuel costs. The Batteries are expensive - 6 X $150 per adds up quick. If you are getting one for the business, I would recommend a standard golf cart. If you intend on using it around town that is a different story. I keep mine in Havasu with the Boat at our place at the river.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Be green....:lol

Attachments

• 220px-Torker_Unicycle.jpg
    220px-Torker_Unicycle.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 928

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The one's at the Shelby plant were $25K with A/C, etc.

Holy Moley. You could buy a full size Mustang GT for that :eek

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
How about this one?

photo.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Awsum. Something like that would work. I like it. How much do they run? Manager wants electric.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I may be selling mine. I will check on Monday to see what they are worth. By the way, mine has street speed gears and batteries. It will do 25-30 mph I think.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I may be selling mine. I will check on Monday to see what they are worth. By the way, mine has street speed gears and batteries. It will do 25-30 mph I think.

Thanks, please let me know. Also what year, brand, model, and how much usage?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Golf Cart

My cart is a 1995 but has had an extreme make over. New black body panels, new batteries and wheels a few years ago. Used very little over the years. Always kept in my garage and looks very new. as you can see from the photos. I understand a brand new car would run you about $7,500

If the price range is in your acceptable range I can take more photos of the rest of the cart for you. I just don't use it much any more... never really did.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Given the pricing, I think we are going to go look at some local new carts first. I'll let you know if things change. Thanks for the info.