gearing

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
tractive force chart

Guys,
so if we read the chart correctly, the tractive force required would set a 'natural' max speed achievable at 212MpH (if not limited to 205), given the current power delivery. From where did you get the tractive effort curve?
So it somehow would confirm 1 of 19'th speedclaims, but his top speed limiter must have been put to sleep. How could this be, some reflash available !? I know it's more interesting for Europe, but nevertheless interesting to think of, and that is before the smaller pulley and straight catless headers....

When will the GT start to fly then, anybody knows about downforce around topspeed, how light the car actually gets on the frontaxle... ? Very important to know, and again, good ol Ford is very quiet about these 'details'..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
downforce

centerpunch said:
That graph is from the SAE paper available on Roush's site, see post 21 for link.

Ford is not at all quiet about design details of the car. There's a book available from SAE or Amazon with all the SAE papers, including this one http://www.sae.org/servlets/productDetail?PROD_TYP=PAPER&PROD_CD=2004-01-1254 on the car's aerodynamics.

Designed 40 years after the original, I think you don't have to worry about aerodynamic problems with the new car.

let's keep things simple. If you are in the know, pls kindly answer the following question:

So, what IS the downforce at max speed at the front axle..?

Don't get me wrong, I really would like to know, driving it... I can tell you for the challenge stradale, but not for the GT... can You !?

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
(Me, I'm a 50-year-old wuss, and 130 or so is as fast as I'll be going, even on a track.)[/QUOTE]

I became 50 last week too, but hope to drive even faster than
in the past. :cheers