Garage Art Install

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Many years ago I got these two pics from the forum and I'm finally ready to put them up on my walls. Id appreciate it if any of you that have done this could give me pointers on welding points or how you attach it to the wall. Do you cut into the Sheetrock and go straight into the block or is there another way. I've got a welder coming on Tuesday so if it's possible lmk as soon as you can. Very appreciative for any insight you all an provide.
I have 2 original exhausts, 2 bumpers, and an additional Ford Racing muffler that I can use. These pieces bring heavy concerns me so I need to make sure they don't fall
Thanks
Ernie

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Forgot to add the pics
7a29b4fc04f83956cc898c61ea8ae8b0.jpg
4128c96d3563af99cbac16b7d9ad5f47.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Do don't need a welder to hang them. You can use wall brackets as shown in the bottom picture and safety wire the assembly to the wall brackets. Personally, I would use a 2x4 about 6" longer that the OEM muffler hanger brackets and span the 2x4 across two studs and attach the 2x4 with screws. Paint the 2x4 the color of your wall and bolt the muffler to it.

You need to be a little more creative to attach the bumper. The bumper isn't heavy and could be attached to the exhaust intake ports with wood blocks.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Top one is mine. Just two hooks into studs and chain to the muffler brackets.

I wouldn't call it wall art though. LOL.

I used it for a coat rack.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Top one is mine. Just two hooks into studs and chain to the muffler brackets.

I wouldn't call it wall art though. LOL.

I used it for a coat rack.

Thanks for the idea tho Gary

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bottom picture is mine and all I used was two L brackets I got at hardware store then set muffler on them and have rear bumper sitting on exhaust tubes. Hung on metal building wall with self tapping screws. Tomorrow I'll take a close up picture of set up and post.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Bottom picture is mine and all I used was two L brackets I got at hardware store then set muffler on them and have rear bumper sitting on exhaust tubes. Hung on metal building wall with self tapping screws. Tomorrow I'll take a close up picture of set up and post.

Thanks Tommy.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Got to be a way to make a kegger out of a GT muffler for your mancave!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This may help you out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 212