Full GT 3M Kit

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I got the full kit for my car. Plus did the headlights and Fog lights in blue. Was $940 for everything, but my baby is covered everywhere it counts for rock chips. The entire lower rocker panel is covered. Will take some pics of the headlights. Makes them blend right into the car, and they are even brighter at night then stock.

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
3M film

Who did you purchase the film from? There are a lot of suppliers for it.I have it on my 03 Cobra and it really has saved the paint.
Guy

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
3M Film

Dave,
You mentioned the full "kit" is there a part number that they use to get these precut or do they cut them on the spot? Looking forward to pics!
Tungsten

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I was surprised to learn recently that the side air intakes are prone to stone chips so I'm going to have these done in addition to the front of my car which was completed before delivery.

Rob

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
www.stickercity.com
That is who did it. I am sure they can give you a part #. It was not actually 3m either. There have another product that us much better then 3m, even though they car both lines. I think there is 4 or 5 different stages of the kit for the GT.

Mine has the rear bumber, rear scoops, the entire panel under the scoop. entire rocker panlel, door edges, front fender edges, mirrors, front bumper, front hood, front air scoops, headlights, fog lights.

I think that is everything.

I had this on my Ferrari and did a run from NY to LA. This save my entire front end of the car from rocks for 3000 miles in 7 days.

Pipelion

Dave,

Cool site, they sell a photoblocker spray for license plates, incase one forgot and went over the posted speed limit. :biggrin

Allan

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
3m Gt Covering

Does anyone have a contact or web site for this product?
Thanks in advance!
MTDGT

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
DaveFordGT

Are you in LA? I noticed that they are in Sherman Oaks. Did you take to GT to them? You said the quality was better than 3M but their website doesn't really address product options. How long does it take to install on a GT?

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Yes I am in LA. The should have their address listed on their website. They are coming to my house tommorow to do my Porsch Cayenne Turbo S.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I also plan to do this during the summer and before I track my car in the fall.
I went to the 3M website and they listed a Mr. Bruce Horton with a company called X-pel for my area. I have spoken to him over the phone.
Check out the following link:
http://www.xpel.com/products/config...evseries=0&type=1&year=2006&make=12&model=860
He told me that he has done one other GT. But I am sure this covering can be ordered separately should you or your chosen person plan on doing this themselves.