Fuel Shut-Off / Rev Limiter question

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
On the weekend, I had a few occasions where I shifted at redline, then the car had no power after the shift (almost like a fuel shut-off had occurred), and the boost gage was way down after the shift. It didn't feel like a typical rev limited situation, it was kind of strange. It took about 5 or 6 seconds to regain the power. Is this normal?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Clax said:
On the weekend, I had a few occasions where I shifted at redline, then the car had no power after the shift (almost like a fuel shut-off had occurred), and the boost gage was way down after the shift. It didn't feel like a typical rev limited situation, it was kind of strange. It took about 5 or 6 seconds to regain the power. Is this normal?
Clax,

First, a little more info may be needed. How many miles did you have on the car when this occured? Was the engine water temperature greater than 160 degrees (meaning, was it fully warmed up)? Were you going downhill during this event? Was you fuel level low (was the "gage" light ON)? Did you still have your foot "in the throttle" after the cutout occurred?

I don't have an answer, however, one of our experts may know what's going on. I just feel that a bit more info would help first.

Good luck and I'll be watching this post closely!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Last edited:

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I've hit red line more than once :biggrin other than the rev being limited, there is no engine cut out or power lost after shifting into the next gear.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've red-lined mine on the track (not deliberately - just the heat of the moment!) and there was full power available after the gear change. Not sure why yours would die on you for a few seconds.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Could the rubber intake hose be collapsing?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
If you still have the stock calibration the PCM will open the bypass in that situation. Based on what you stated that's what I estimate occured.