Fuel Injector Control Module (FICM) Issue

FoaTech

May 14, 2012
Norcross, Ga
I am working on a 2006 Ford GT with a #4 injector issue. It was clearly running very rich. It had an error for the #4 injector circuit. I tested the injector (forward one) and found the wire for the trigger from the FICM had low resistance to ground. I unplugged the FICM and the wire was open. I checked other injectors and had no circuit to ground. I purchased a used FICM from a wrecked car and it did not run well at all. I then went back and rechecked the wiring and found the pins in the FICM that fired each of the 8 injectors and #4 forward injector pin in the FICM had almost no resistance to 5-6 pins. I checked the other injector firing connections and none had any connections. This leads me to believe the #4 forward injector driver has shorted and has that injector open all the time.

Now, the big question is who can program the second FICM I purchased from the crash car to work with this car?
I suspect there is some sort of software update. I have the software in the original that I would think is good if it can be transferred.

Thanks in advance for any help that may arrive.