Frozen Fountains in Phoenix

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Chip, I googled frozen fountains and saw the pictures. Sure hope you run antifreeze in the GT. Do you need some snow brush/ice scrapers?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The last time I saw fountains freeze like this in Scottsdale was 1966 and I was in grade school. Global warming my a**! Below are photos of my next door neighbors driveway fountain. An amazing and very unusual sight in this part of the country.

Chip

Attachments

• Fountain 1.jpg
    Fountain 1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Fountain 2.jpg
    Fountain 2.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Fountain 3.jpg
    Fountain 3.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 254

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Whats the temp?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hope your sprinkler systems survive....

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Global warming my @$$."
C'mom Chip, aren't you a true believer? Just because temps are the coldest they been in umpteen years and everyone north of Orlando is diggin themselves out of record snowfalls doesn't mean we're all not going to roast to death in the next year or two!:willy

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Guys, Get with the times;

It is Climate change, not Global warming. Climate change will be reversed by by bringing our economy down several notches and supporting other countries to bring their economies up to snuff.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Didn't the northern part of the United States used to be buried under a mile of ice? There are people living on coral islands worried about getting flooded out, but when did coral ever grow above sea level? Seems to be we are just swinging to the other direction from the last ice age. I know in the early 70's they were afraid we were entering another ice age, which to me would be much much worse.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
High School Debate

Gentlemen,

When I was in high school (1970-1974) the news media was screaming about global cooling, "The New Ice Age". We discussed it several times in class and the teachers were all 100% certain that the record cold was man caused. My son goes to that same school today and the teachers are 100% certain that global warming is man caused. Below is a Time Magazine cover from 1979. Some things never change.

Chip

Attachments

• cooling_america.jpg
    cooling_america.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 110