Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser Needed

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Will check with dealership as well but if anyone knows where these Two pieces are available please let me know…. Need both stock pieces for my Mile GT..

thanks
Mark H

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you check online at Tasca??? Note, you might have to call them since I think the GT is off their VIN list now. My experience with GT parts is that they will tell you if they are available. Also their price+shipping has typically been less than the local dealer (at least in Vegas), but those are physically large parts so package dimensions affect shipping more than weight and could negate the price from the local dealer.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Mark, if you have a hard time finding one, here’s a possible work-around. I have a new front splitter that I bought 4 or 5 years ago and squirreled away so that I would have one in case I prang up my current one (as I have done once already). I’d be happy to lend it to you, as long as I get it back or get another one at some point. It would be cool to say that the front of my car ran 3XX MPH, even if the rest of my car didn’t!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Also check with Dan Schoneck. He’s making carbon fiber replacements for some GT body parts. Maybe a front splitter is on his repro list.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I purchased a front splitter just a few months ago from my local Ford dealer.

Reactions: Johntpr

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Thanks for all the help, checking with dealers now, I think the rear diffuser will be the hardest to find no doubt. The carbon pieces dont really work for me on the car and prefer just the OEM style since proven to withstand up to 300.4mph... I do have a very large video that i am sure the group will be interested in seeing of a spin at 207mph causing this issue but not sure how/where to upload about 26-50mb... LOL... car is all good but the splitter and diffuser. I could make the diffuser work but I would rather have just brand new pieces. Driver and car is all safe and sound, but it was one hell of a ride when the tires broke loose at 207mph before the half mile and the car decided to take a stage exit left...

Thanks,
Marh H.

Reactions: white out

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
With the downforce the stock FGT generates ... what happened??! 😧

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I might have both.
Lmk if you still need,
Best,
Mark

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
In my opinion, the track was terrible. I am not one to bad mouth facilities but after racing the Ford GT for over 12 years in speeds from 200-300mph we pretty much have these cars figured out. We have just been working on the half mile and the goal is to have the car trap 250-260mph in the half for a rear wheel drive car. When the car went 300mph in the mile it clocked 240mph at the half on a Hoosier R7, which we all know is not the best tire for the application. We have been experimenting with different tire combos and working to see what is better off the line while still giving us the safety and stability at higher speeds. Last year at this track we struggled to put the power down on any tire but were told this year it would be different and they were going to "clean" the track. Well, they stuck to their word and they did powerwash it but unfortunately, the fields/crops right next to the track do not lend to much cleaning. The biggest issue we found was the surface seems to be of great quality but the one thing missing is any grooves in the concrete. The concrete is just smooth and once that layer of dust/dirt/grime gets on top from the fields next door and when the wind picks up it just causes the surface to become slick as glass. We tried everything we could but as mentioned above the car added about 24lbs of boost from 3-4 shift and already at the speed of 207mph the tires and track were not having anything of it. We could always try and knock the boost out but trying to run a big number we know that is not going to get the job done. The car still had the 300mph tune in it so we know it will hold it but just not at this track. We learned a good lesson, if you make a pass and the track doesn't hold, no reason to keep trying to make up for it, put the car back in the trailer and wait till a better facility is available. I know of at least 5 crashes over the weekend mainly from real wheel driven cars that should have never happened. So many racers were just making it a peddle fest the entire length of the track. Breaking tires loose at over 200mph and making it look like a John Force funny car burnout gets your attention real quick. Still, what a great job Ford and Camillo did with the GT and the aero design to keep it on the ground and not go airborne. I witnessed a GTR on Sunday loose a wheel on the front at 205mph and fly at least 50 feet in the air and began to roll once back on the ground. The driver survived by the grace of God but for some reason GTR's do not like to decelerate and stay on the ground much over 200mph. Just a great car the Ford GT is to be doing what we are doing but obviously safety comes first.

Thanks,
Mark H.

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow! Very scary. Thanks for the thorough explanation, and good luck for next time 👍

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I purchased a front splitter just a few months ago from my local Ford dealer.
Recall the part number and cost?

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
5G7Z-17626-AAA is the part number, with a description of “panel”. The list price was $417.59 in November of 2021 when I purchased.

Reactions: Johntpr

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
I have a used front that is very nice

Oz-ATL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 14, 2020
Atlanta
I just ordered and received a back up front splitter from Ford.
5G7Z-17626-AAA
$327.19

Arrived in a few weeks time.

What are the part numbers for the rear diffusers?

Reactions: 2112

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have a new front splitter I purchased in 2007 that I squirreled away.
If anyone is interested please PM me.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Rear diffuser box from Ford reads
5G7Z-63106B08-AA

Don’t have the piece however

Reactions: Oz-ATL

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Rear diffuser box from Ford reads
5G7Z-63106B08-AA

Don’t have the piece however

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 26

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I have a new front splitter I purchased in 2007 that I squirreled away.
If anyone is interested please PM me.
hi Dave