Front nose bra

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There were some previous posts on front nose protection. I keep looking for them and searching the net for some kind of bra for the front to protect against stone chips/bugs. No luck. Has anybody heard of anything available?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Venture tape has a pattern http://www.venturetape.com/ventureshield/ I have this on the GT dealer put it on before I got the car.

But our X5 has this: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/For_the/Consumer/

The 3m product seems thicker, but the edge does show up more.

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
I have the 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film installed on my GT and am quite pleased with its look (nearly invisible). You can go to the 3M web site to research this product and to find a 3M approved application shop in your area.

The complete package that I have covers the entire nose, headlights, side rocker panels, and behind the rear wheels. Total cost was ~$850 and the installation took about 7 hours.

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
fjpikul I have been in contact with Speed Lingerie on bra's for the GT, go to Gt products in this forum and @ bottom / display options / change threads from the begining. I will post something as soon as I find out when they will be available!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you

All useful replies. I think I favor the Speed Lingerie, but their website is still without info. While I appreciate the stick on products, 120 mph bugs are 120 mph bugs and still need to be scraped off. Thank you all for your interest to my question.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
All useful replies. I think I favor the Speed Lingerie, but their website is still without info. While I appreciate the stick on products, 120 mph bugs are 120 mph bugs and still need to be scraped off. Thank you all for your interest to my question.

Personally I hate the bras, especially bad if moisture gets between the bra and the paint. However, that being said, I would like to see a pic of a GT with the bra. Company mentioned above makes the best looking bra for what it is worth.