Front blinker

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Park lights work,Is there a trick to take the lenes off?Do you pinch from top and bottom or long end.Dont want to crack it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The lower fog lite covers are the only ones that can be removed if I recall correctly.

For reasons known only to the GT gods, the lenses on the hdlite/turn sig buckets cannot be. The whole headlite bucket is sealed unit ... (IF I recall correctly as I said.)

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Park lights work,Is there a trick to take the lenes off?Do you pinch from top and bottom or long end.Dont want to crack it.

If you are refering to a side marker light lens: according to the book 1. Using a small screwdriver, pry the sidemarker lamp forward and pull the rear of the sidemarker lamp out.

For the headlamps and foglamps, the process is slightly more involved, but as I always say, if I can do it any one can do it. Pull each front wheel off and the fender splash shield on the side you need to access. If you are changing a blinker bulb, you can now have access to it, though it's still not the easiest change. You might want to have a few plastic pop rivets and push pins handy as some may be snapped in half during the removal process. I believe the splash shield is more easily wiggled out and back in if you also remove at least 4 bolts along the side rocker panel on the side being worked on. Still, the spash shield is not the most enjoyable piece to work loose, or re-install.

Also, there is absolutely no access to it from the front. The lenses do not come off without getting slightly more involved.

Hope this helps.

http://home.comcast.net/~skatesharpening/fascai11.htm

above is what the passenger side assembly looks like behind the splash shield.

Pete S.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Yes the yellow side lights.

I guess i was not to clear.Not head or lower fog lights.

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
If you are refering to a side marker light lens: according to the book 1. Using a small screwdriver, pry the sidemarker lamp forward and pull the rear of the sidemarker lamp out.

For the headlamps and foglamps, the process is slightly more involved, but as I always say, if I can do it any one can do it. Pull each front wheel off and the fender splash shield on the side you need to access. If you are changing a blinker bulb, you can now have access to it, though it's still not the easiest change. You might want to have a few plastic pop rivets and push pins handy as some may be snapped in half during the removal process. I believe the splash shield is more easily wiggled out and back in if you also remove at least 4 bolts along the side rocker panel on the side being worked on. Still, the spash shield is not the most enjoyable piece to work loose, or re-install.

Also, there is absolutely no access to it from the front. The lenses do not come off without getting slightly more involved.

Hope this helps.

http://home.comcast.net/~skatesharpening/fascai11.htm

above is what the passenger side assembly looks like behind the splash shield.

Pete S.

Remove the front spoiler and you can get at the fog lamp assembly, and remove it (no need to do the wheel well disassembly work). Don't remember if the headlight assy is removable this way, but the bulb may be replaceable. WARNING:Don't touch the bulb glass or the inner reflective surfaces on the headlight or fog light assys!