FourFather Eddie Hill's Heritage GT

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
how fast were you goin when you crashed? that water looks like glass :cool i assume you must have had a mechanical failure?

217 MPH, and the crash started right at the finish line. Water was good, and no mechanical failure. The engine and driveline and steering all were Ok (except for the crash damage) after the crash.

We could never find a reason for the crash-- it just happened:eek-- and that's one reason we never made another run in a Top Fuel boat.:frown

Eddie:biggrin

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
We could never find a reason for the crash-- it just happened:eek-- and that's one reason we never made another run in a Top Fuel boat.:frown

Eddie:biggrin[/QUOTE]

I can hear God saying...............Man I finally got his attention.......:wink

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i see that some of you guys replying to this thread here mentioned hondo boats. i found some pix of a trick lookin hondo flat bottom all decked out in eddies fav color. this california boat is actually listed for sale right now on dragboats.com :thumbsup

Attachments

• 2983_gomez_matt1.jpg
    2983_gomez_matt1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 2983_gomez_matt.jpg
    2983_gomez_matt.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 2983_gomez_matt2.jpg
    2983_gomez_matt2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 2983_gomez_matt3.jpg
    2983_gomez_matt3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
What a cool ride!!:thumbsup:cheers

If anyone's wondering about what to get me for Christmas-----:lol

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
i see that some of you guys replying to this thread here mentioned hondo boats. i found some pix of a trick lookin hondo flat bottom all decked out in eddies fav color. this california boat is actually listed for sale right now on dragboats.com :thumbsup

Hey, Fast Freddy-- I've checked dragboats.com twice, to try to find this one, and can't find it--??:confused Is that the right place??

Thanks!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Hey, Fast Freddy-- I've checked dragboats.com twice, to try to find this one, and can't find it--??:confused Is that the right place??

Thanks!

wow eddie that was faster than me or you :eek that boat was listed for sale as recently as last week when i copied the pix from that site to my computer. not only that, but the pix that i posted up earlier in this thread here of the kurtis runner bottom from texas was sold the week after i posted it as well :shrug seems like me and you both are a lil slow on the draw these days :lol

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
wow eddie that was faster than me or you :eek that boat was listed for sale as recently as last week when i copied the pix from that site to my computer. not only that, but the pix that i posted up earlier in this thread here of the kurtis runner bottom from texas was sold the week after i posted it as well :shrug seems like me and you both are a lil slow on the draw these days :lol

Snoozin' is losin':lol

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
All this conversation about Runnerbottoms got me all fired up--- I bought this one last weekend!

DSCF0846.jpg

DSCF0845.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats on the new toy for the toy box!! Enjoy your awsum addition. Looks like you will have all winter to wax it and fine tune it for the spring. Planning any changes?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We could never find a reason for the crash-- it just happened-- and that's one reason we never made another run in a Top Fuel boat.

Eddie[/quote]

I can hear God saying...............Man I finally got his attention.......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol :cheers I heard Him say the same thing for much the same reason 4/2/00!:lol :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
hey pockets.... what with the green?
you irish?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
hey pockets.... what with the green?
you irish?

Yewwwwwwww mizzerbull...:bang:bang:bang

FIX that, will yuh????????:rofl :cheers

(And, by the way, WHAT'S a 60 YR OLD doin' "up" this early???)

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Congrats on the new toy for the toy box!! Enjoy your awsum addition. Looks like you will have all winter to wax it and fine tune it for the spring. Planning any changes?

Thanks bony!

I bought it less engine, and just did a quickie engine swap out of my four-seat playboat. I want to go make a lap or two soon, as is, to see what I want to change/do over the winter.

I'm pumped! Should be good gee!!:thumbsup

And I really,REALLY miss that!!:wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
from the folks on the f channel....
nice stuff Eddie! :)
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172757

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
now thats a hot boat you got there eddie :cool

with my jet boat i have gotten 2nd at Firebird lake once and 1st twice on Firebirds asphalt drag strip racing my 12 second ford lightning truck...

here is a rough cut of my jet boat video that you inspired me to transfer from vhs to dvd and put on the internet :cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xisgY0BX4U

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
:thumbsup
Adding a passenger seat, and upholstery to match the paint-
HondoDecember07036.jpg

HondoDecember07035.jpg

New rudder and prop-
HondoDecember07025.jpg

And a 13 gallon tank in place of the 4 gallon race tank-
HondoDecember07028.jpg

I've almost had enough winter to do me-- and I know there's a bunch of of it left--:bored

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Looks great!! Enjoy the ride when it warms up...
Suppose your playing with your snow toys.
Happy Holidays and hope to meet you in St Pete or Vegas at our events!
Bony

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Thanks! and Merry Christmas!

Thanks, Bony-

I don't have any snow toys- we hardly ever get any snow here in Wichita Falls- some years none at all. But I do sometimes put on a wetsuit and take the boat out in Dec/Jan. That's pretty desperate for a gee fix!:wink

GT and other cars can't give much gee in really cold weather, but the boat seems to give more-maybe the water is closer to being solid?:lol

Here's wishing you, and any other forum members that happen to see this, a very Merry Christmas, and a sincere thanks for the welcome and the help/advice y'all have extended to me!:cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Hey Eddie, thought I would share a boat photo of one my buddies (John Vermeersch) picked up and shoe horned a Blown 427 SOHC into it. The boat is a Sanger from the late 60's and the 61 woody makes it a real show piece....

Enjoy,
tomp1.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey Eddie, thought I would share a boat photo of one my buddies (John Vermeersch) picked up and shoe horned a Blown 427 SOHC into it. The boat is a Sanger from the late 60's and the 61 woody makes it a real show piece....

Enjoy,
tomp1.jpg

What "commenser" is under the hood of that wagon??? :banana