Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one Andy.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Saw the movie last night. Enjoyed it. Really like it centered on Miles and Shelby. Tells the story of Lemans 66 ( by the way that is the title in Europe)! What happened to Ken Miles and his role in GT 40 development. I am sure the story was embellished, but thought Christian Bale did a great performance!

Reactions: THamonGT

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
We had our Minnesota premier last pm. Funny no FGTs or Ferrari’s came. Snow on the ground and salt trucks had been running last couple of days. Theater owner asked if we would stage something and we all laughed. Enjoy the weather my southern friends. Did love the movie. Was really well done.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Got the opportunity to go see it last night with my family. Spoke with the theater manager and he was thrilled to have our GT displayed at the front entrance for the night in exchange for free popcorn and soda for the kids. Great movie. The family and crowd really seemed to love it and they got a kick out of looking at the GT and hearing it start up!

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I was actually a bit disappointed after reading the book "go like hell" the story was too embellished, the acting mediocre, and although the racing scenes were really good, the actors were only characatures of the actual people involved so much so that I was laughing at Henry Ford, Lee Iacoccoa, and Leo Bebee. Could just not take them seriously.
I was worried before I left to see the movie after reading that it only got a c+ review. Christian Bale did indeed perform the best of the lot.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I liked it

Reactions: Ed Sims

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It seems that the presence of cars at the theaters has eclipsed the discussion of the movie. From what I've seen it's more of a "buddy story" between Shelby and Miles with fast cars thrown in. So in the 60s there were similar movies - Le Mans and Grand Prix which had side stories interwoven with some cool racing and camera work. How does this one stack up? So far I haven't heard "if you're a race car fanatic you've got to see this film". I did see that the film doesn't use CGI? If so hw were the crash scenes staged?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
A group of us with Milliken Ford saw the movie last night in Birmingham Michigan.
Actually was much better that I expected. Go see it.
I will see it again . After working at Ford Motor Co. for 35 years , it was fun 'connecting the actors' with the real people.
And catching some of the Blatant incorrect comments.... but it was FUN and surprising how fast the 2.5 hours flew by...

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
A group of us with Milliken Ford saw the movie last night in Birmingham Michigan.
Actually was much better that I expected. Go see it.
I will see it again . After working at Ford Motor Co. for 35 years , it was fun 'connecting the actors' with the real people.
And catching some of the Blatant incorrect comments.... but it was FUN and surprising how fast the 2.5 hours flew by...

Great time last night in Birmingham. Read the book by A. J. Baime in preparation for the movie. Enjoyed them both.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I saw the movie as an unbelievable relationship and not just a Race Movie! Carroll never had the opportunity to make things right because Ken lost his life so soon after LeMans!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good times! Had fun with the entire family, and the only thing more fun than watching the movie and recalling the good times at the 24 Hours of Le Mans earlier this year, was driving to and from the theatre in this simply magnificient analog gem of a driving experience and tribute to the original Ford GT40.

My older son took the fun photo from inside the GT as we left.

My younger son asked me if one of the cornering scenes was filmed at the same race track used in the original launch commercial, "It's the One." No, but I was amazed that he even remembered that commercial, as he was fairly young, and it's been a long long time since he's seen it. And kinda cool that that visual memory sequence was triggered for him.FordGTbw-0030026.jpgFordGT-0030013.jpg

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Just got home from seeing the movie in IMAX. What a fun evening! They did a nice job of making a car movie that even non-aficionados could enjoy.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Saw it tonight - thought it was quite good! I went with a bunch of non-car enthusiasts, they all also thought it was great!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The Ford Media room has posted a few articles of historic Le Mans Ford vs. Ferrari significance, on the website. Quick and fun reads for those heading to, or returning from the film. Or for those heading to the film again. Haha.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm sure we've all been asked, or will be asked about the 1966 Le Mans finish.

For many years, I've proudly displayed a framed print of the actual finish in 1966 hanging on a wall in our home. (Thanks to my understanding wife).

Here is historical footage as well as a compilation of analysis and sharing of a few perspectives, although opinions are likely to differ. This discussion specifically starts about 12 minutes in, in the video.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
We saw if for the second time at a preview sponsored by Caffeine and Octane and the Driving club at Road Atlanta. Nice turn out and attended by forum members conner-san and Ryan Hardwick. Great turn out and I think I enjoyed the it much more the second time as
I watched as a movie not a Ford GT documentary.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Here is the documentary of the return Ford just posted in timing to the Ford vs Ferrari movie. I wish they would have played this as a double feature with the movie.

Reactions: Spaceman and DG1

mtdubvee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2019
Beckley WV
Amazing movie. Makes me want go ride around at 7000 RPM.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Ford vs Ferrari is to actual 1966 LeMans as "Top Gun" was to Naval Fighter aviation...condensed/simplified/dramatized for public consumption.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
and totally entertaining!!!!
Ford vs Ferrari is to actual 1966 LeMans as "Top Gun" was to Naval Fighter aviation...condensed/simplified/dramatized for public consumption.