Ford Short Shifter

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
Does anyone have the part number for the Ford "Short Shifter"?

Thanks,

Tom

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
According to Ford Performance none is offered as of now. That is why their website has no listing.

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
barondw said:
According to Ford Performance none is offered as of now. That is why their website has no listing.
Last month I recieved a list of performance parts from Ford (Email) for the GT. I have it at home, but of course I'm not there.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
barondw said:

In case anyone else is interested, it is part M-7210-GT.

Tom

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
shifter

so is it finally available ? What price ? :eek

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Stefan

As I have previously stated I have seen the short shifter and tried it in a stationary car. Very nice, will have it installed, but not at the top of the list for some one starting mods in my opinion.

FordPerformance does not have a record of the part # and does not understand how I got a part number for a part their system doesn't have. The part # doesn't match any item they are aware of.

Tom obviously has a source that supplied him with the part #. Thus we know it exists, from Tom and my own experience. As to when it will be offered I can only assume very shortly.

Dave

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
barondw said:
Stefan

As I have previously stated I have seen the short shifter and tried it in a stationary car. Very nice, will have it installed, but not at the top of the list for some one starting mods in my opinion.

FordPerformance does not have a record of the part # and does not understand how I got a part number for a part their system doesn't have. The part # doesn't match any item they are aware of.

Tom obviously has a source that supplied him with the part #. Thus we know it exists, from Tom and my own experience. As to when it will be offered I can only assume very shortly.

Dave

I recieved an email from www.fordracingparts.com a few weeks ago. It lists 17 performance parts for the GT. When I do a search for the parts on the website, nothing comes up. My dealer has the access to the parts IF I supply them with the part number. I ordered the shifter on Wednesday, and may have it as early tomorrow.

Tom

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
shifter !

Wow, guys ! that's great news, so I can actually now get one too when I come to Fla next time. I think this forum and it's members is a real super cummunity and very educational. learned a lot already from you guys, baron, again thanks for the tracksetup.. Would myself have never put that much cambertoe in the back, with those monster rubbers there !

you guys are awesome, truely... So you don't get too relaxed now, next item: what about the pulleymod.. Any help on that one too !? What wheel, what belt to order and from where !?

thanks boys !

ùù

stefan
Tom B said:
I recieved an email from www.fordracingparts.com a few weeks ago. It lists 17 performance parts for the GT. When I do a search for the parts on the website, nothing comes up. My dealer has the access to the parts IF I supply them with the part number. I ordered the shifter on Wednesday, and may have it as early tomorrow.

Tom

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
SLF360 said:
Wow, guys ! that's great news, so I can actually now get one too when I come to Fla next time. I think this forum and it's members is a real super cummunity and very educational. learned a lot already from you guys, baron, again thanks for the tracksetup.. Would myself have never put that much cambertoe in the back, with those monster rubbers there !

you guys are awesome, truely... So you don't get too relaxed now, next item: what about the pulleymod.. Any help on that one too !? What wheel, what belt to order and from where !?

thanks boys !

ùù

stefan

I am working with a tuner for the pulley/belt and re-flash. I'll be sending the car to him in Jan for the installation and testing. As soon as it's complete I'll list the results here, along with the tuners information. If anyone wants to have their car done before mine, contact me and I will set you up with him. (I need the GT until after the holidays)

Tom

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello Tom,
Where are you located? I am also interested in your project and seeing what Whipple is doing here in Fresno,
Cheers,
Daniel

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
bony said:
Hello Tom,
Where are you located? I am also interested in your project and seeing what Whipple is doing here in Fresno,
Cheers,
Daniel

I'm in Maryland; the car will go to Florida for the work. Please post any information regarding whipple as it may be a better way to go.

Thanks,

Tom

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tom, there is thread already started on whipple. I am waiting for more info myself. enjoy your ride! :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
pulley

where in Florida !? I'll drop by next month then to have it done, and also installed the transaxle cooler... So please set me up !