FORD Pricing on new GT!!!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I bet pricing is a great distance above 250k! I bet it will be 350-450k. This will allow ford to make some money on the car and keep dealers from adding 100+K/ making the large profits and Ford themselves can make it!!~ Hopefully Ford recognizes after what happened when the GT's first came out and and keeps that from happening again! GT prices went down the second year to msrp but these cars will not be produced in same numbers!! ALso it was an unknown what the future would hold for the GT but we all know now and so does Ford!!!

If Ford Prices these cars at 250k people will pay 450k for them right off the bat esp being they are going to be made in low volume! That's a huge pay day for dealers. I think dealer gouging is not ok and I dont think a car manufacture should allow it!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I also hear from a very reliable source, that current Ford GT owners will be able to purchase one at MSRP, free from dealer "local market adjustment" pricing.

THIS WAS JUST TOLD TO ME ON FACEBOOK!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I also hear from a very reliable source, that current Ford GT owners will be able to purchase one at MSRP, free from dealer "local market adjustment" pricing.

THIS WAS JUST TOLD TO ME ON FACEBOOK!!!

Well, that will eat up about 2000 units. (4038 less wrecks, less people who own multiple cars only get one, less people who won't buy). OK, maybe not 2000 but certainly more than 250 in the first year of production.

It would be really swell of them to do that though. It's the "loyalty program" that was mentioned in another topic.

campbell53

Sep 28, 2007
You guys kill me. Dealers don't make MSRP nor do we influence the market. Why don't you sell me your GT right now. I'll write you a check for $200k. What? You don't want to because the market will pay more? Hypocrite.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
You guys kill me. Dealers don't make MSRP nor do we influence the market. Why don't you sell me your GT right now. I'll write you a check for $200k. What? You don't want to because the market will pay more? Hypocrite.

There is nothing cool about a deal marking up a brand new car 100k.... If ford made the car 450k i doubt you would see 100k mark ups as it takes alot of potential buyers out of the ?...While its a nice pay day for the dealer which i understand (SUPPLY AND DEMAND) it should just be the car is 300,350,400,450k and come get it for what ever price it is.. But that is my that is my opinion... and if the market will pay 450 for the car and FORD wants to sell the car for 250 then Ford should just be a smart business and sell them for 450 cause that's what the MARKET WILL PAY! Shouldn't Ford the company who designed the car make the extra 100 or 200k free and clear???

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
from my old FordGTprices.com site:

The myth of "dealer gouging" (a.k.a. Supply and demand: how the world works)

Econ 101 tells us that for any non-essential item sold in a free market, the market value is determined by the intersection between the price that a willing buyer will pay, and the price at which a willing seller will sell. (Ford GT's are considered nonessential items, unless you are Jay Leno.) As such, DEALERS DO NOT DETERMINE SELLING PRICES. They can ask whatever price they want, but unless there is a willing buyer, the car will not sell.

It is not "Dealer Gouging" that makes Ford GT prices higher than MSRP, it is the willing "gotta-have-it-now" buyers. Some cars sell for more than sticker price, and some sell for less, but in each case, it is the guy with the money that decides what the car is worth. (If dealers could determine selling prices, we'd all be paying $50,000 for Honda Civics).

Let's reverse the roles to examine the myth of dealer gouging.

Let's say you have a used Mustang that all the value guides say is worth $20,000, but you believe the car is worth more. Are you gouging when you ask $25,000? Are you gouging when you refuse to sell it for $20,000?

When you buy a new car for under the sticker price, are you gouging the dealer?

When you sell your house, which has been professionally appraised for $200,000, and you receive two offers, one for $200,000 and one for $220,000, are you gouging when you accept the higher offer?

Many dealers mistakenly believe their Ford GT is still worth $100,000 over sticker, it is their right to refuse lower offers, and they are not gouging anyone by doing just that.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
The new GT should come in at b/n 250-300. Ford wants to compete with Ferrari Remember? They aimed at the modena last time and now 458 is in its sites. Ford also wants to beat them at lemans again in 2016.
Ferrari sales 5-7000 cars per year, but geared up in house for it, New GT 2000/year for a few years? (allot of out sourcing?)
Prices will be steep first year, beyond that depends upon numbers built and success on race track.
I don't see the prices going below list as in 2006. We have a different economy now and classic car market has gone crazy.

Loyalty programs an interesting topic. ferrari dealers used to sell new cars at list as requested by the factory (not sure this is still true). They would sell them to loyal clients who would trade in the car after a few years to the same dealer who could then charge what they wanted for used cars which historically was higher than list. Not sure I ever heard of direct factory to buyers loyalty programs?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
from my old FordGTprices.com site:
Many dealers mistakenly believe their Ford GT is still worth $100,000 over sticker, it is their right to refuse lower offers, and they are not gouging anyone by doing just that.
They are worth 100K over original sticker!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I got a card from Ford today giving me $750 off whatever I wanted. I'm saving it. I am a loyal customer.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Like I told Dan. Ford knows what the old GT is worth today and they sold 4033 of them. Why would they sell the new modern car for the same price as our cars are worth now. My feeling is that if the new GT was only $250 the dealers that know what our cars are selling for now will demand a higher price because they have a story and a past history to tell the new buyers it would sound like this. Mr customer this car will always be worth $100 to $200k more then you bought it for so just pay the price. If you don't someone else will, if dealers or Ford do sell them for $450 it is a win for our cars . It all depends on the number they will build. If it is less then 3000 good luck getting one for under market price.

If Ford builds it year after year and changes the car like a 458 or a 360 Ferrari or sell them longer then 2 yrs (unless only 300 a year made) I see the prices dropping like a rock. Ford is smart and I think this will be a short lived low production project. Like an Enzo or La.. They need to keep this a special low production car I do not see them getting into this market like Ferrari Sounds like ford just want some PR and a chance to make history again.

JMO.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
If we set the market dynamics aside for just a second - I would think that Ford overall is better off - by positioning the rest of their product portfolio to be even more sought after, and by that selling bigger numbers - by showing the Automotive world (and that way also ALL potential car buyers no matter what brand loyality they have now) what you get when you buy a Ford product.

Ford to me is "excellent product at an reasonable price" - and beating competing Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren and such with a car that is reasonably priced will send a much stronger signal to the public than with a product just as expensive as the competition. I, as a consumer, will believe that when I buy a reasonably priced daily driver Ford - that this model is ALSO beating its similar competition just like the 2016 Ford GT does to its direct competition.

The 2005-06 FGT value increase I do not see being affected by Ford selling the new 2016 at a similar price (lets say 225000 dollars - even though I think 175K would seem more correct ) .... I believe it could actually make potential buyers of the 2016 FGT believe that their Investment is even more safe - therefore securing a steady flow of buyers the the new FGT. By letting the dealers do the "mark up" - Ford will get the credit for producing an awesome car at a great price - Dealers will credit Ford for producing cars that create hype and lots of buyer interest .... probably spilling over into other Ford car products - and at the same time the public will understand the supply & demand dynamics making the new FGT pretty difficult to come by at least in the beginning. To me - win wins all around.

Although I understand the standpoint taken by many 05-06 owners that they would like to see their FGT keep rising in value - I do believe that Ford Motor Company will do much better in the long run by sticking to being Ford than trying to create a niche car like the La Ferrari, McLaren etc. As no more 05-06s are produced, their value will most likely keep going up just by fact that the new FGT is just as sought after ....

Ford is making their money by selling large volumes ..... they don´t need to make money on the 2016 FGT as it is will do more for the Ford brand by kicking azz reasonably priced ....

:cheers
Anders

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
+1

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
+1

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
IF this car is anything less than 300k Ford will not be able to produce enough of them to meet the demand. FACT!! The technology in this new car makes our 2005-06 Ford GT look like a Pantera in comparison.. This thing has everything a supercar should have!~All the specs aren't even available on it yet either.. Time will tell i guess on the pricing!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If it sells at profit, there's no reason they can't make it forever

300/yr forever is a lot

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Ford needs a forever sports car. They had one with the 55 Tbird then moved away from the market only to really return in 05.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
...which then died a very quick death...

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
No way this car sells for under 350k list with all the carbon fiber. Remember that Lexus lost money on every LFA at close to 400k.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Ford needs a forever sports car. They had one with the 55 Tbird then moved away from the market only to really return in 05.

It's called a Shelby mustang. And they never knocked the cover off the ball at $50000 with this car the new Gt is for publicity and hype not mass production. Even the z06 vett is not the meat and potato for chev. This is not IMO a car that should be built forever. I can see maybe every 10 years coming back with a special project that is right for the time. It could. Be anything even a truck like the raptor .

Last edited:

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada