Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Those capture the imagination for sure.

Vince H

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Guess nobody informed them of the buying process.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Guess nobody informed them of the buying process.

Whew.. that was close. I was about to go buy a fleet of Focuses. :biggrin

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Whew.. that was close. I was about to go buy a fleet of Focuses. :biggrin

Think that's - Foci

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

I hope we didn't pay to much for those. :facepalm:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
There are a lot of these pictures in this French magazine.

IMG_0597.jpg

The images are beautiful and show the new Ford GT at night in Paris.
I am convinced that this is not real photo, but photo-montages.

529901.jpg

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Typical and overdone CGI pictures. Way too much glare. Doing a real photo shooting at those locations with a car like that is usually impossible.

Last edited:

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
They did do a night shoot in Paris when the car was doing the rounds through Europe earlier this year. The photographer was Bernard Rouffignac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
They did do a night shoot in Paris when the car was doing the rounds through Europe earlier this year. The photographer was Bernard Rouffignac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes David, you are right.
These are real photos. The head of Ford France confirmed it to me, yesterday.
Living in Paris myself, I can say that it is a feat to empty these places and take such pictures, even at night.
The talent of the photographer is remarkable, and his work for the light on the car is extremely successful.

Best regards.

Francis (Saint Ho).

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I am really surprised they went that road. Since you always have to factor in weather conditions it is a huge risk to go that way. The problem with todays advertising photos is that the final result has little to do with reality, every single pixel of it is being reworked afterwards to give a special look. Take a look at the paint, in real photo it is almost like a mirror finish and you see lot's of paint imperfections (and dirt of course). In ad photos there is almost no reflection or just a lighted reflection line to let the car look more dynamic (no reflection of illuminated white scare coeur ?). Or it is kind of blurred like you see in the front of the car. The backgrounds look like being made with HDR technology and artificially tonemapped and the colors do not look real (but dramatic). So there is a whole lot of work being put into to get the final result. Don't get me wrong the team from the photographer did a very good job. But the lines between an authentic photo and what we conceive as a photo have been blurred a lot. In automotive industry more than 95% of every image you see is computer generated. For example almost all realistic looking images of the NGT at the Ford Development Center were being produced with such a software, simply because at that time only CAD data was available and not a single part of the car. In the case of the Ford (like the majority of all automotive companies), they are using the same software like being shown in this video.

[video=youtube;ElI8aN5GJ_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI8aN5GJ_8[/video]

Last edited: