Ford GTX1 for Sale #16

ianlandy

GT Owner
Oct 28, 2009
I have decided to sell my 2005 Ford GTX1 which I purchased in late 2009 from an insurance company after it was flooded in fresh water on the banks of a Georgia River. I am sure she is the only GTX1 in the world with that provenance! The original owner is a member of this forum who commissioned the GTX1 conversion, the 16th of approximately 40 made overall. The car has a VA Salvage Title, branded ‘Flood’.

We inspected the car in GA, purchased it and immediately began to disassemble her. I purchased a second car that had crash damage to act as the donor for the electrical/interior components/harness etc.

The resurrection included the replacement of the entire wiring harness as well as other electrical components, interior etc. We had anticipated we would need to replace the drive train but upon inspection this was not necessary as the engine was undamaged by the bath as evidenced by the condition of the cams and the main bearings. We did use the supercharger from the donor engine and all pulleys were replaced.

I have owned her for over four years and have done no more than 1000 miles in her so I figured I’d pass her on to a collector who might be able to exercise her more regularly. She has covered 14,000+ miles, 13,000 of this with the original owner.

I am posting here as a starting point to gauge interest. I understand my member photos can be viewed with this post so please take a look at her in her current fully resurrected form. I have added a Tecnocraft Aero package, Mcintosh stereo and I have a convertible top, which has never been installed.

Serious enquiries can be made through PM and I will be happy to go into details and share photos of the process as required. I am located in Northern VA, between Dulles airport and Reagan airport for anyone looking to make an in person inspection.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Is this the Blue/white stripe that I've seen in pics from Katie's C&C? Didn't realize it was a salvage car. Looks great. GLWS.

ianlandy

GT Owner
Oct 28, 2009
That her!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
PM sent

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Pictures and price will help me gauge interest!!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Pictures and price will help me gauge interest!!

+1

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
As the original owner of this car, I believe it is fairly represented by the current owner. After the flood, I discussed the potential repair with Rich who said he could make it like new, or better, by doing the things this owner claims to have accomplished but in the final analysis, I couldn't get comfortable with the salvage title. If you are serious about buying this car, feel free to email me: kirbyvieira@bellsouth.net. This was by far and away my favorite car ever.

Haven't been on the Forum for at least a couple years and miss you guys. Thanks Frank for the text.