Ford GTs visit Katie's Cars & Coffee - Great Falls VA - June 20th

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Hi folks, we've been chatting about getting a number of GT owners together to visit our local cars & coffee event that happens early on Saturday mornings here in northern virginia. There have been a few of us thinking of coming in together, and I'd like to extend that invitation to other local (or driveable) GTs that would like to tag along. Please reply to this thread if you are interested in participating, and zap me a PM with your email so we can further coordinate. There will be some really special GTs in attendance I think, and hope to see a number of you there. Thanks all!

Update as of 6/17:

Myself - Tungsten w/Silver
pe2unia - Custom Yellow w/White Heritage Stripe Twin Turbo + Aero
CJ428 - silver wrap w/graphics built motor + whipple
Richhill43 - Heffner Serial # 001 twin charged
Brian - Yellow w/black
PeteK - Red w/White
Dino - Red w/white
Jerry - Yellow w/black

Note - if you are local and would like to join us, please send me a PM and I can forward the details of the get together

Last edited:

Richhill43

Apr 13, 2010
Johnson City, NY
I have this on my calendar. I will update you as the time grows closer and more accurate weather predictions become available. Naturally, Saturday in Carlisle had 0% of rain as it absolutely unloaded but these things happen. Looking forward to seeing you and hopefully your dad (and your wife of course).

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Let me know. I would like to try and come down.

jwarfield@frederickmotor.com

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I will be there!!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Going this weekend

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Going this weekend

To Virginia????

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
To Virginia????

I'm in the DC area just about every month. I've met a couple great Forum members at their Cs&C.

......supporting the Wounded Warrior's tomorrow and sponsoring the Veteran Airlift Command's sporting clay shooting event. Check out the vid - http://woundedwarriorshootingstars.org/ My bud is one of the pilots that gives his time to make the runs.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
As discussed at Carlisle, I'll be there. Are we talking this coming Saturday or the 20th? I'll probably go to both, since it's in my backyard.

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
As discussed at Carlisle, I'll be there. Are we talking this coming Saturday or the 20th? I'll probably go to both, since it's in my backyard.
Hey Pete,
My Brother Dave (call sign "Bio"...Bionic) should be there this Saturday...Corvette guy, former Skipper of VF-211 (Tomcats).
Great finally meeting up with you at Carlisle.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Hey Pete,
My Brother Dave (call sign "Bio"...Bionic) should be there this Saturday...Corvette guy, former Skipper of VF-211 (Tomcats).

Didn't he (your brother Dave) write a book or something about the Tomcats?

A ring knocker buddy of mine son-in-law (Pete "Thumper" Rowell VF 31) has his Tomcat in the Smithsonian.

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
Didn't he (your brother Dave) write a book or something about the Tomcats?

A ring knocker buddy of mine son-in-law (Pete "Thumper" Rowell VF 31) has his Tomcat in the Smithsonian.

Book: Top Gun Days
I don't think I know Thumper as I was a Miramar (west coaster)...although I did instruct in Pensacola for almost 5 years!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Book: Top Gun Days
I don't think I know Thumper as I was a Miramar (west coaster)...although I did instruct in Pensacola for almost 5 years!

Thumper was an instructor too. He's now a pilot for Southwest out of San Diego.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Thumper was an instructor too. He's now a pilot for Southwest out of San Diego.

That's cool...jealous as my surfing days pretty much ended when I settled on the Lake/Gulf of Mexico in Pensacola.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That's cool...jealous as my surfing days pretty much ended when I settled on the Lake/Gulf of Mexico in Pensacola.

The last time he stopped by my house (to check out the GT), his car was full of kids. I'm pretty sure his surfing days are behind him as well as all I saw was a guy herding cats.....but loving it.

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
So while the traffic is great, so you guys mind if we bring the thread more on topic? Thx!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Hey Pete,
What will he be driving? I'll look for him.

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Tom - I'll be there a bit, feel free to point him my way
Pete - next saturday the 20th for us, I may swing by tomorrow AM

Updating main post now with confirmed + potentials!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Tom - I'll be there a bit, feel free to point him my way
Pete - next saturday the 20th for us, I may swing by tomorrow AM

Updating main post now with confirmed + potentials!
He texted that he saw no GTs...I said the 20th was better

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
2 GT's and 4 owners (Pete K, SuperNova, B.M.F. and me) there this morning! :thumbsup

Great time! Tons of cars

We looked for your brother's ride. I got there at 6:15am. Stayed until 9am EST

Last edited:

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Glad to see you guys! Quick update, I've secured parking for a number of cars with the folks at Katie's so big thanks to them! We'll meeting at a nearby location to stage, and will be rolling in rather early. I've also reached out to a local photog to capture the fun and hopefully get some great shots of the morning.

Details for staging, as well as for the show and follow-on festivities to come via email so please zap me your info via PM when you get a moment. Thanks guys, looking forward to next weekend!

- CL