Ford GT vs. Ferrari 360

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
ByeEnzo said:
Doc (Cyclenirvana),

Get the GT! I had a Z-06 and traded it in. This car's ride is incredible. Vette's (C-5's and C-6's) are a dime a dozen. Ferrari's will kill you on maintainance costs, etc.
I immigrated to the US in 1968 and as a kid had all the models of the Ford GT-40 Gulf cars. The design of the GT-40 is timeless and has been stuck in my head ever since. If you have the means, by all means look seriously at the GT. Does your "screen name" have anything to do with motorcycles? I have 2 old Beemers (one with a sidecar). Happy hunting for your GT.

AC (Doc in TX)

Thanks. No the screen name describes my real passion...bicycles. I am an avid road and mountain biker (some car drivers will probably hate me for saying this). I have a Porsche Cayenne Turbo to carry these valuables, when necessary.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Cyclenirvana said:
... I have a Porsche Cayenne Turbo to carry these valuables, when necessary....

Suitable use for a Porsche. :biggrin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Neilda said:
As a child I never had Ferrari pictures on my wall - it was Elvis and the GT40! I'm a Brit, so the GT doesn't resonate with me as much as it would if I were an American, but to me it is a legend, a classic and one of the most able sports cars available. Beyond that it is the most desirable line of any car I can think of. More I cannot add.

Porsches and Ferraris are 'ten a penny' over here - the GT is one in a million.
??? Are you kidding, you guys designed the damn thing! As my wife is always telling me. "Ya know it was designed in England....we beat Ferrari, you didn't bla bla....(If I'd known I was going to own a GT I never would of married someone from Liverpool and knows of Lola:bored)

(Can't wait to go to Goodwood :wink)

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
SteveA said:
"Ya know it was designed in England....we beat Ferrari, you didn't bla bla....(If I'd known I was going to own a GT I never would of married someone from Liverpool and knows of Lola:bored)

Don't worry about the marriage :lol , just have her read this:

gt40_600thumb.jpg

It a legend concerning an English pig that sailed to the US and turned into a winner...after $$250 million (back in 1960's $$$ :ack ) worth of R&D from an American team :thumbsup

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Cyclenirvana said:
Thanks. No the screen name describes my real passion...bicycles. I am an avid road and mountain biker (some car drivers will probably hate me for saying this). I have a Porsche Cayenne Turbo to carry these valuables, when necessary.

Funny you should mention bicycles. I have raced extensively as a Cat 3/Master, on the road mostly. I just purchased a Moots Ti MTB with 29" wheels to knock around in the dirt. I also have collected several vintage road bikes from the 70's (Masi, Colnago, and most recently a Confente). I'm heading to Sicily in Oct. for a nice leisurely bike trip. I guess fast things with wheels are my passion (cars, motos, or bicycles).

f430

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2006
One of 19 (GER) said:
I have the same "problem" :wink
Ordered the 430 six months before I bought the GT.
Now the Ferrari will be delivered in 2 month- it would be my first (before 20 years Porsche Turbo,) but
I like driving in the GT too much ,therefore I'll sell the Ferrari.

You should sell the 430 but drive it for a couple thousand miles first. You wont loose a dime and will probably make a few thousand. I havent driven in a gt so I cant give a comparison. But I will say the 430 is a great car, I'm just waiting to get the spider or CS version in the next 6-12 mos. The 360 is also a great car (spider), but a little on the slow side(relatively). I am probably going to pick up a tungsten gt tomorrow "if their current deal falls through" ( I obviously offered less, but appears to be enough)

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Steve, I know it was originally a Lola, but it would never have been the car it was without Ford, in fact it was the 1963 MK6 that was the original car that inspired the GT40. To me, it's an American car - perhaps 5th generation American?

Attachments

• mk6.jpg
    mk6.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 999

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
ByeEnzo said:
Funny you should mention bicycles. I have raced extensively as a Cat 3/Master, on the road mostly. I just purchased a Moots Ti MTB with 29" wheels to knock around in the dirt. I also have collected several vintage road bikes from the 70's (Masi, Colnago, and most recently a Confente). I'm heading to Sicily in Oct. for a nice leisurely bike trip. I guess fast things with wheels are my passion (cars, motos, or bicycles).

Nice to find a car and bicycle nut. I have a custom Serotta Ottrot for the epic road rides and a Santa Cruz Blur for offroad. Raced in mountain bike and adventure racing but not road bikes. I have a Seven Hardtail that breaks in half for carrying in standard size luggage on the plane...so my bicycle collection exceeds my automobile collection. And although I love cars, I would give them up before I gave up cycling. Good luck with the bike trip in Sicily.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
Steve, I know it was originally a Lola, but it would never have been the car it was without Ford, in fact it was the 1963 MK6 that was the original car that inspired the GT40. To me, it's an American car - perhaps 5th generation American?

exactly!! I had a chance a couple of years to get an unrestored one for pennies, silly me, more could have, should have, would have....dumb me.