Ford GT Transaxle for sale - NEW Ford Replacement Never Used

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
My Friends,

A good friend of mine with a 200+ MPH Street Legal Corvair purchased a Ford GT transaxle for possible use in his Vair. He did not use it and it has been sitting in his garage in its crate for a few years now. He would like to sell it. If anyone knows someone that needs a Ricardo Factory Ford replacement transaxle, please contact me and I will put them in touch with my friend Charlie. He wants $15,000 (what he paid for it).

Richard Hille
The GT School

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Richard,

Met Charlie at Big Bend Open Road race the last 3 years. What a great guy and he has an incredible story. And that Corvair is just nasty!!!
Good luck with his sale. When are you going to join us at Big Bend???

Larry Boatner

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Richard,

Met Charlie at Big Bend Open Road race the last 3 years. What a great guy and he has an incredible story. And that Corvair is just nasty!!!
Good luck with his sale. When are you going to join us at Big Bend???

Larry Boatner

I figured that had to be the Corvair he mentioned, Charlie's that is !

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Larry,

Big Bend was not interested in my participation. In fact, they would only consider my running with them if I started all over from the rookie class and worked my way up.

I am not interested in driving slow after hours over 200 mph.

Richard Hille
The GT School

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Big Bend was not interested in my participation. In fact, they would only consider my running with them if I started all over from the rookie class and worked my way up....l

Seems rather silly that they wouldn'taccept your credentials....

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
At this year's BBORR Charlie did the first leg at 200-ish. On the return run he felt something was not right so pulled of the road, and his rear tire deflated as he drew to a stop - one of the rear locating rods in the suspension had deformed and was rubbing through the tire! If he'd not stopped when he did, it would have been a 200+ blowout with rather different consequences! That Corvair is the baddest-ass car I've ever seen, like something Mad Max would drive, I love it. Charlie is also a super-nice guy.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
At this year's BBORR Charlie did the first leg at 200-ish. On the return run he felt something was not right so pulled of the road, and his rear tire deflated as he drew to a stop - one of the rear locating rods in the suspension had deformed and was rubbing through the tire! If he'd not stopped when he did, it would have been a 200+ blowout with rather different consequences! That Corvair is the baddest-ass car I've ever seen, like something Mad Max would drive, I love it. Charlie is also a super-nice guy.

That could have been a quite nasty incident

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Not to hijack this thread but is the Corvair powered by a flat 6?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
All aluminum 400 cu in Small Block Chev with about 700 hp. Sits where the rear seat used to be. Essentially a "Chevrolet GT". Street registered, insured and street driven in New Mexico. Very cool Nadermobile....

Richard Hille
The GT School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
So guys, no one needs a backup brand new transaxle for one of those 1000+ hp GTs?

Richard

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Sure but the price is steep. I am interested but to high for my blood.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
All aluminum 400 cu in Small Block Chev with about 700 hp. Sits where the rear seat used to be. Essentially a "Chevrolet GT". Street registered, insured and street driven in New Mexico. Very cool Nadermobile....

Richard Hille
The GT School

Nasty!

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
The transaxle has been sold. Thank you all for your interest.

Richard Hille
The GT School