ford gt stolen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96GTS

Nov 9, 2005
Fords, NJ
GT Stolen!

story here

Looks like they knew what they were doing. Never the less the dealer never had an alarm system. :eek Sad to see the car suffer damage. :frown

Keep your GT's safe guys!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
http://www.kxtv10.com/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=14798

pretty sad !!!
sam
#1451 red/white

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
Docrug

:frown Wile we are on this sad subject, has anyone had Lojack or aGPS locater system. I've got the realtime gps locators on my company trucks and my teenage son's vehicles. After reading this makes me wonder about the GT 1211.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
BEING IN THE INS/SECURITIES BUISNESS OVER 20+YEARS, THIS SMELLS OF A TOTAL INSIDE JOB. IM NOT PANICING!!! IF I WENT TO SAMS HOUSE BROKE IN , KNEW IN A SAFE 2 FLOORS DOWN THAT WAS LOCKED AND A KEY WAS IN THERE, THEN GOT IN THERE , THEN BROKE INTO THE GARAGE, THEN KNEW THE BATTERY WAS DEAD, KNEW HOW TO CHARGE IT THEN GOT OUT,HHHMMM SOUNDS LIKE SOME ONE COULDNT HACK THE PAYMENTS ANYMORE! :thumbsup INSIDE JOB MY FRIENDS........ GTJOEY :biggrin

P.S. IT TOOK ALL OF US 2 WEEKS HOW TO OPEN THE STORAGE AREA, MEANWHILE IT TOOK THEM 10 SECONDS....RACER X WHAT SAY YOU!!!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
All I know is that the GT is more desirable than 50 Cent's Mustang (4 out of 5 car thiefs agree!). :lol

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
Joey...I think the inside job was a sure thing, howere idiots were hired and the job was muffed.

PS. If I were a Rapper I might have to be call 99 cents so I could drive a GT.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Docrug,
Lojack was an easy install. The gps is easy also, however the one I was looking at had a "cut-off" feature. The company said they were not familiar with the ignition on the gt and that they would have to learn as they went. When I heard that I felt like I could have similar problems like that the British journalist had. I backed out of that- they said they would research the ignition system and get back to me. I'm still waiting on that.

Just another thought on that gps thing---
remember you can have your every move tracked. I know you need passwords and all that, but it can be done-

I too would like to know if anyone has had the gps with ignition disabler.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Racer x , you cannot spell or construct a sentence to save you life. :frown please, just mime the next time you would like to communicate with the rest of us. :biggrin ah i love you anyway gtjoey 1314 , friend of the dislexic :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
GT - your post only contained one spelling mistake and four grammatical errors... :biggrin

I have a Cobra tracking system fitted to my GT - my insurance company insisted on it. One neat feature is that they (the tracking company) can remotely disable the car, I assume when it's parked. I also have to remember a small electronic card, if the car and the car are separated when the engine is running, it alerts the tracking company.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Neilda-
Thats great. Did you ever have any problems like that Jeremy fellow?
Perhaps, I was just too nervous when the alarm co. told me I would be the guinea-pig.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
My European car has the Cobra tracking as standard equipment, and I've had no problems with the system...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
get the f+++ers while still warm...

Neilda said:
GT - your post only contained one spelling mistake and four grammatical errors... :biggrin

I have a Cobra tracking system fitted to my GT - my insurance company insisted on it. One neat feature is that they (the tracking company) can remotely disable the car, I assume when it's parked. I also have to remember a small electronic card, if the car and the car are separated when the engine is running, it alerts the tracking company.

yeah,grammar ain't great on the forum, but what the heck... We use the shut down gps's all the time on the Italian Ferraris, we can shut them down cruising below 20km/h aka 14mph, no sweat. They don't need to be even parked. - not legal in Germany, though (1 of 19) . !
If the thug makes an accident, while being shut down, - the owner pays. ! :thumbsdow But let me tell you guys, I am very excited about the fact that e.g. the stealer of MY (safely recovered) 360 Spyder last year went to jail long time.. Wouldn't hurt my feelings either paying someone's idiot accident bill to chase him the rest of his life either... :banana it's like Lions and Christians, Italian entertainment history, ya know... :banana :banana :banana

from Verona (oldest italian Games' Arena :ack )

slf360 :lol

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've not had any problems with my Cobra system - it's fitted by the same folk who fitted it to seven of nine's car, who are also the same people who fitted it the journalists car...!

It's a system that the Police support here in the UK because, as Stefan points out, you catch the thieves when they're still warm!

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
SLF360 said:
They don't need to be even parked. - not legal in Germany, though (1 of 19) . !
That`s true, in Germany the car has to be on the same place for min. 20 seconds (i.e. traffic-light) to be shut down by "Cobra".

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yes but in Germany (as in America) your Police are armed - so you can shoot the bastards. In Italy the Police have Lamborghini Gallardo's.

Here in the UK the Police ride 3 speed bicylces and have to tap on the robbers' shoulder (lightly) with about 12 inches of wood. Sorry, I think I should rephrase that. With a wooden truncheon and politely enquire "I say old chap, is that a stolen motor vehicle that you are driving?" To which the thief normally replies "it's a fair cop governor, I'll come quietly".

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
well here in Fresno, the cops take stolen car reports on the phone, they won't even come out in person. I think we are in the top 5 stolen car cities. Heaven help you if you have a Chevy pick up or a Honda, used to be the Olds Cutlas was in big demand, but it appears that the thieves got all of them and there are no more left to swipe.