Ford GT rare "Team" book on ebay

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
These are the REALLY RARE books printed for the team members and suppliers to the project. (They were also available to folks who went to the big GT event in Detroit in August). This book was NEVER sold, and doesn't even have a price or ISBN number on it. Apparently there were less than 1000 printed.

I have a couple, but there's one on ebay now, it will be interesting to see what it goes for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...ategoryZ6759QQihZ006QQitemZ160051236838QQrdZ1

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Always interesting what ends up on Ebay!!

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Any more descrioption of the contents?

Is this book softbound?
hardbound?
A glorified phamplet?
Does it go exhaustively into the development of the car?
Any pictures of clay models?
Do you know who published it?
If you could scan some of the inside pages for the forumites we would know if it's worth bidding on. Thanks

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
The book is soft. Its basically the yearbook for the plant..only employee's at Wixom and members of the GT team got the book..they paid to make it...those of us on the ralley had the opportunity to buy them and have them signed by people there. Its very detailed in the development of the car and has pics of all the people related to the project..really neat book..its sad though that people would sell them instead of keeping them at least for the memories.

Matt

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
427Aggie said:
The book is soft. Its basically the yearbook for the plant..only employee's at Wixom and members of the GT team got the book..they paid to make it...those of us on the ralley had the opportunity to buy them and have them signed by people there. Its very detailed in the development of the car and has pics of all the people related to the project..really neat book..its sad though that people would sell them instead of keeping them at least for the memories.

Matt

very sad, some guy is selling the Grand National Buick on this site.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
here we go again.... The yearbook went for $500!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MAD IN NC said:

kinda sad to see that, hopefully the seller was in need of quick cash since he was laid off and not a typical union guy punching a clock...
wonder what he got for his grand national buick?

Last edited:

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
MAD IN NC said:

I think if anything, that selling price was low. (Of course, I may be getting ready to sell one myself!)

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Let me know if you are selling one

Please offer it up to a forum member before you go the E-bay route. I would be very interested.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
centerpunch said:
I think if anything, that selling price was low. (Of course, I may be getting ready to sell one myself!)

Paul,
Although I did not use your site to buy my GT (ordered mine in '02) you have made many contributions to our community. I for one would hate to see you sell your year book. I would chip in for you NOT to sell it. The book was meant for those of us that went to the Rally, or received one for another special reason. Everyone had a chance to go to the Rally. I hate to see these books being sold or reproduced. Just does not seem right.
Cheers,
daniel

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Daniel-

Please don't feel bad about me selling my GT or my GT stuff. I don't!

I discovered that despite a four-plus year obsession with the car, although it's great, it is just not for me. No biggie.

And with all the new GTs still around, I think I was VERY fortunate to sell my six-month old $153 MSRP car for $150.

Paul

Last edited:

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
We may think there are allot of GT's available, but as of this am, there are 39 listed for sale in the U.S..

This compares with (254) Ferrari 360's, (51) Ferrari 430's and (330) Vipers. Interesting uh? :thumbsup

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
The Autotrader has over 200 GT's for sale on it's site today.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gulf GT said:

Last time Centerpunch posted unregistered/unsold cars there were about 600something that he quoted.... hello Paul?

Again, with 4030something built it will be thirty years for any appreciation to be seen, if any. If you bought the car as an investment, your phucked. If you bought it to enjoy an amazing supercar, no doubt the best built so far by any major American automaker your at the right place, FORDGTFORUM.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
bony said:
Last time Centerpunch posted unregistered/unsold cars there were about 600something that he quoted.... hello Paul?

Again, with 4030something built it will be thirty years for any appreciation to be seen, if any. If you bought the car as an investment, your phucked. If you bought it to enjoy an amazing supercar, no doubt the best built so far by any major American automaker your at the right place, FORDGTFORUM.

Exactly!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Just after my last post, the mailman delivered the Team History book I bought on eBay with the DVD. HOLY SHIT! No wonder you guys said you would never sell this. That is without doubt the most important book that will ever be printed on the car. Unbelievable. I had no idea it contained so much rare information on the car. And the hand signatures of the team members, very nice touch!

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
Gulf GT said:

if you review the list from autotrader, it shows 204 cars, which it also includes mustang GT's... take a look at www.cars.com for the u.s.. you need to be careful becasue they also include mustang gt's

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
gtracer said:
if you review the list from autotrader, it shows 204 cars, which it also includes mustang GT's... take a look at www.cars.com for the u.s.. you need to be careful becasue they also include mustang gt's

I looked at every car in my search. They were all GT's. Take a look.

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
Gulf GT said:
I looked at every car in my search. They were all GT's. Take a look.

I defer to your search. That being said, most think the market sets prices. I believe the seller sets the price. Case in point, the search method used to show over 200 GT's for sale also shows (233) 360 Modena's. There really aren't any deals on these or for that matter the 430's for sale. So guy's, simply don't give your cars away, support the pricing.

This is a fun discussion but I concur with most of you who have suggested that we bought the cars for enjoyment. I have personally learned a long time ago not to put my investment capitol into cars. CHEERS :cheers