ford gt motor fs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Schoneck

Permanent Vacation
Oct 31, 2007
It was legit though. I think the guy was a little leery to put the specifics about the motor up here cause it was a preproduction motor and was supposed to be sent to the scrap yard. But this stuff makes its way out of detriot all the time. He didn't want to get anyone in trouble and there was also no trouble to be had by him having it either. Anyways it is sold as far as i know.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dan,
We are a very small OWNERS forum, and welcome OWNERS, former build team members, a few selected vendors and very few spectators. Those spectators are normally on a hunt to buy a FGT. We are very cautious of folks outside this circle.
We want to maintain this group to exchange technical knowledge and build fellowship. We are a warm and friendly bunch of car nuts :)
This forum has developed into a close knit family, it is unlike the majority of forum out there.
Happy New Year!
Bony

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Oh yes, Bony is the protector of the gene pool!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It was legit though. I think the guy was a little leery to put the specifics about the motor up here cause it was a preproduction motor and was supposed to be sent to the scrap yard. But this stuff makes its way out of detriot all the time. He didn't want to get anyone in trouble and there was also no trouble to be had by him having it either. Anyways it is sold as far as i know.

How would anyone know without specifics? If it was a pre-prod motor that was supposed to be scrapped, absolutely no way it gets into a private individuals hands in any sort of legit circumstance. Sarbannes-Oxley is serious business for the destruction of this stuff. Ford would be liable in such a major way for any small part, let alone an entire motor. A busted pre-prod seat showed up on eBay and I had Ford people calling me up the wazoo trying to figure out who had it and why.

If somehow someone did get a hold of one from a wreck in shady circumstances, I'd delete it anyways because I don't want Ford getting sued because of an improperly obtained motor causing an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.