Ford GT Long-Term Report

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Hey Guys,

OK, one more Ford GT story to report. This one is the Long-Term Introduction on my car as part of the Edmunds.com/Insideline.com fleet.

If you go to the home page (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/?tid=edmunds.g.home.header..7.*) you'll see the car in the "flipper" (the main image that flips through three photos, one is of the GT).

Or you can go right to the long-term introudction page: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/LongTerm/articleId=107422

I'll be writing an "update" every three months for the next year (maybe two, depending on interest). Hope you like it.

Karl

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Awesome man I'm about to read it right now.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great contribution, thanks :cheers

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Nice write up, felt like I was part of the experience. Hope to be an owner someday, not too far off I hope. Gonna have to sell the GTS to make this happen.

Talking about people who live under rocks- One of my neighbors looked at my GTS and said "What kind of car is that?". Another neighbor asked "Howz your Corvette?" WTF? Its not like I live in the boondocks! This is So Cal, home of the trendy, land of the upwardly mobile, but evidently some people don't follow the automotive market. Incomprehensible! :)

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Love the article. I 100% agree with your 16MPG average, that's exactly what I'm getting. Also every comment is right on the money (I couldn't tell about the McIntosh, I bought it with it from a dealer). I'm finally getting the hang of the dimensions of the car, it took a bit to get used to it.

And when others talk about how the clutch is hard, they've obviously never driven a '99 svt cobra. That's my daily driver, and when I get off the GT and go back to the cobra it feels like the cobra's clutch is easily twice to 3 times as hard.