Ford dealer for airbag recall

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
Looking for a Ford Dealer to do the recall on my 06 GT, I'm located on the border between Brewster, N.Y. & Danbury, CT., ( 1 hour from NYC.
Any recommendations?
I did just receive a recall letter from Ford.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I had Stamford Ford do the recall.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Looking for a Ford Dealer to do the recall on my 06 GT, I'm located on the border between Brewster, N.Y. & Danbury, CT., ( 1 hour from NYC.
Any recommendations?
I did just receive a recall letter from Ford.
Lucas Ford in Southhold NY

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
FYI: a lot of the Ford dealers will literally come to your house to do the recall.
they get paid for the travel as well

Reactions: Kpgarage and HNS

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Lucas Ford in Southhold NY
Lucas did mine.

Reactions: HNS

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Be sure to take pictures of all the pieces on the dash before - best to do it right when you check it in. Take note of any and all scratches and mars on the surfaces. Take pics of the steering wheel center. Then all of the passenger side area and the molding piece that extends from the passenger to the area under the radio. That single long piece is difficult to remove and prone to getting scratched. If they say they will blue tape it you've got someone who knows what they're doing.

Also there are reports of people with GTs ending up with the center steering wheel logo from a Mustang. The GT and Mustang share these parts, and the steering wheel unit comes with the complete assembly. All they have to do is swap the canister. Regretfully, if your center is bubbling it can't/won't be replaced by this process.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Lucas did mine.
Original owner had it done. I bought mine with 600 miles and I’m the 2nd owner. I’ve had Lucas do my fluid changes and tires swap to Bridgestones. These cars are awesome!!!

Attachments

• 3AF3086A-D72B-463B-AE67-39E53075CBD1.jpeg
    3AF3086A-D72B-463B-AE67-39E53075CBD1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: extrap

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
Thanks to all for the help!

Reactions: HNS

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Scarsdale Ford did mine.
Came to my house.
Excellent result!
Mark

Reactions: KennethClay and HNS

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Scarsdale Ford did mine.
Came to my house.
Excellent result!
Mark
north wood, you have a pic of your set up?

I agree and yes Fred bought the last 25 or so plus the ones earlier from me. I sold over 55 chassis’s before that took place tho. There were 93 total when I started the group buy's. Ford kept some also, but they are not for sale now. Sounds great as a sales pitch and to hype the car up as far as the LAST 30 and then there are no more, but the reality is there are another 45 or so out there still. I have already bought a few back of those to fix wrecked cars.

Kevin you are also one of a few out of the 55+ chassis's i've sold that is actually building a car.. Your wide body stuff is coming out of the wide body oem style molds that the late Ray H. had made for his wide body project.. Pretty much the same look to Fred's stuff, although they made some adjustments and changes to their stuff.

I hope he sells all 30 cars. Would be great to see it happen for the effort he's putting into it all..

Be sure to take pictures of all the pieces on the dash before - best to do it right when you check it in. Take note of any and all scratches and mars on the surfaces. Take pics of the steering wheel center. Then all of the passenger side area and the molding piece that extends from the passenger to the area under the radio. That single long piece is difficult to remove and prone to getting scratched. If they say they will blue tape it you've got someone who knows what they're doing.

Also there are reports of people with GTs ending up with the center steering wheel logo from a Mustang. The GT and Mustang share these parts, and the steering wheel unit comes with the complete assembly. All they have to do is swap the canister. Regretfully, if your center is bubbling it can't/won't be replaced by this process.
Excellent recommendation! too many people noticing damage after the fact. a scratched dash pad is not something you want to have to replace. also, make sure the little plastic back button covers are re-installed in the back side of the steering wheel. they cover the air bag attachment bolts and break very easy at the retainer tabs. there again, not cheap to replace. jmo

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Scarsdale Ford did mine.
Came to my house.
Excellent result!
Mark
Scarsdale Ford did mine as well. Phil (service manager) always takes great care of me.

Reactions: Johntpr

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
Dealer came to my house as well, the two guys though were not of the class one would think to service a Ford GT, seemed like they would be more appropriate to work on a 300 thousand mile beat up Dodge. Had to watch them every minuute

Attachments

• IMG_6932.jpg
    IMG_6932.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6929.jpg
    IMG_6929.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6933.jpg
    IMG_6933.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6940.jpg
    IMG_6940.jpg