Ford Branded CTek

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I abandoned Battery Tender trickle chargers years ago after they cooked several of my batteries to death.

I initially used Optima smart chargers as they had a relationship with Odessey Batteries, which I use in my boat, Z8 and Motorcycle. As those are getting pretty old, I have decided to start replacing them with CTek smart chargers, mostly due to their Battery regeneration cycle which can bring an older discharged battery back to life with a program of charge cycles that optimize the battery charging process (takes 24 hours) rather than just upping the amperage of the charging.

What I didn't know, and maybe already a well known fact is that there is a Ford Branded version of the chargers. Yeah, it costs more to have that blue oval logo on there, but being a Ford loyalist, I was willing to pay the extra to have that.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-10300-FP

You can save a few bucks getting it at summit;

Ford Performance Parts M-10300-FP Ford Performance Parts 5.0 Battery Chargers and Maintainers | Summit Racing

The NFGT version;

Ford Performance Parts M-10665-C Ford Performance Parts 2017-19 Ford GT EU Battery Charger Kits | Summit Racing

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
That's cool. I didn't know they had a branded version. Good find!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hey that's pretty cool. I've got a number of Battery Tender Jrs in service right now, including on both GTs, motorcycle, etc. but I've been burned by them in the past. Swelled up one of my boat batteries, and in other cases a few Battery Tender just didn't last very long, as though I got bad batch from an Amazon seller. The Ford ones are pretty steep, 4-5 times what I paid for the Battery Tenders, but I'll try 1 to start with. Thanks! (y)

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
That's a 5.0 charger. We need 5.4 chargers. lol

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow, didn't realize the NFGT charger was so pricey! Guess I won't be leaving that in my car hoping the dealer hooks it up for a service visit. Someone might walk off with it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The new GT chargers are for lithium ion Batteries and I think are .$400, but you can find them for $300. Part number KG7Y19K514 AA. The one you show is for European plugs.

Reactions: 2112

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Note: the chargers listed were the original lithium ion chargers furnished with 17~18 NGTs. These would not wake up a deep sleep battery. The upgrade is the charger I just listed and will wake up a battery. These were furnished with new cars starting in 19.

Reactions: analogdesigner

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
What comes with the package

Attachments

• CTek.jpg
    CTek.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: extrap

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
I've been using the CTEK and plug it directly into the factory dash port. Works great and no need to make additional connections at battery. Plenty of room under door when closed so no worries of wire getting pinched.

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
What comes with the package

Has anyone re crimped some new ring terminals on the M-10300-FP so this fits on the battery side bolt better? seems the OEM ring terminals are really large to get solid contact.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Reactions: Hydra GT

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Has anyone re crimped some new ring terminals on the M-10300-FP so this fits on the battery side bolt better? seems the OEM ring terminals are really large to get solid contact.

On my 06 the terminal ends were too small so I just took a side cutters and split the ring and spread it.

Reactions: Hydra GT

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I got one free :) Just like cracker jacks.

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
Yes cigarette lighter.