For stock car fans...in the VIR area.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
WOW! This should be a hoot. 12 teams to test tomorrow at VIR. This is a very special opportunity.

Josh Lief, General Manager, 434-822-7700 x102, jlief@virclub.com
Crystal France, Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator, 276-618-2995, cfrance@virclub.com

Stock Car Testing Open to Fans

Danville, VA (June 2, 2009) - VIR is excited to announce that its gates will be open to all fans tomorrow, June 3, for a special stock car test day. At this time, twelve NASCAR teams plan to test on track between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM. Fans will be admitted to the track free of charge during those hours.

VIRginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as "America's Motorsport Resort. For further information, call 434-822-7700 or visit our web site at www.virclub.com.

If stock cars aren't your thing - I'll be vintage racing this week-end at VIR in SVRA's Gold Cup. (1970 Royale RP-4 with Lotus twin-cam power) Should have a broad range of vintage cars in attendance. It's a good event and runs Friday through Sunday.

####

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
If stock cars aren't your thing - I'll be vintage racing this week-end at VIR in SVRA's Gold Cup. (1970 Royale RP-4 with Lotus twin-cam power) Should have a broad range of vintage cars in attendance. It's a good event and runs Friday through Sunday.

Gordo - saw that you brought in a "ringer" for the last race. As is always the case, the car is faster than the driver.

Have Fun and go Fast.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Ringer

Actually - I've had two "ringers" lately in the endurance races. In the one hour race Geoff Moller and I shared the drive and won. In the two and a half hour race Andy Greene and I shared the drive and finished 9th out of about 30 cars - and the first car home on treaded tyres! All good stuff.