First Post... first GT....

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I am just about to buy a GT and wanted to introduce myself! I've had (probably like many of you) a few cars over the years - the closest to the GT being a Murcielago which I sold last year. I currently have 3 Aston Martins and am selling my Vanquish (for reasons of domestic harmony) and buying the GT. Can't wait....

I've sat in a GT, stroked a GT, even came close to stealing a GT (kidding!) - ever since I was a 'young un' I just loved the shape, loved the Le Mans stories. And now I can own one... :banana

There will be little niggles here and there I guess (as with any car of this type) but it seems to me to be a bullet proof engine and clutch (unlike the Aston and Lamborghini). This Forum sounds like it will be the fountain of all knowledge for me in the future...

Roush Engineering here in the UK will look after the car, they seem to be an incredibly helpful team of people - so I'm already feeling confident!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
I am just about to buy a GT and wanted to introduce myself! I've had (probably like many of you) a few cars over the years - the closest to the GT being a Murcielago which I sold last year. I currently have 3 Aston Martins and am selling my Vanquish (for reasons of domestic harmony) and buying the GT. Can't wait....

I've sat in a GT, stroked a GT, even came close to stealing a GT (kidding!) - ever since I was a 'young un' I just loved the shape, loved the Le Mans stories. And now I can own one... :banana

There will be little niggles here and there I guess (as with any car of this type) but it seems to me to be a bullet proof engine and clutch (unlike the Aston and Lamborghini). This Forum sounds like it will be the fountain of all knowledge for me in the future...

Roush Engineering here in the UK will look after the car, they seem to be an incredibly helpful team of people - so I'm already feeling confident!

Welcome!! Regarding harmony at the old castle, I finally was able to get the little lady to understand, quite simply, I explained that she doesn't trade in her jewlery, so why should I sell parts of my collection?

Had an amazing time in the UK last month, attended Goodwood and am waiting for the photo radar tickets to follow me home :biggrin :lol :lol :cheers

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Welcome! I am certain you've made the right choice :biggrin
Neilda said:
There will be little niggles here and there I guess (as with any car of this type) but it seems to me to be a bullet proof engine and clutch (unlike the Aston and Lamborghini).

How bad are the engine or clutch in the above-mentioned machines? I've never driven or owned one of those.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
welcome neilda
nice color--good luck with it
sam

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Bony, Goodwood is a lot of fun - I had the good fortune to actually drive there one year in front of 300,000 people. Eeek!

Wonka, the clutches are not dreadful, however both are fragile. The Murcielago is incredibly light and many owners need a replacement in under 10,000 miles. The clutch is not easy to access on that car. The Vanquish has a clutch that does not like city driving, holding on a hill, or any number of routine driving scenarios. However, it's a lovely car for the grand tour.

As an update, I have now signed for the car - I collect next week.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Domestic Harmony

bony said:
Welcome!! Regarding harmony at the old castle, I finally was able to get the little lady to understand, quite simply, I explained that she doesn't trade in her jewlery, so why should I sell parts of my collection?

Had an amazing time in the UK last month, attended Goodwood and am waiting for the photo radar tickets to follow me home :biggrin :lol :lol :cheers

That's it! Bony hits it spot on, this will be my #1 argument aswell from now on, ' not trading in her jewlery' ! .. :banana :banana :banana I think I need to extend the garage soon ! :thumbsup

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
You just have to make sure she has enough jewelry when you add another car!

Welcome Neilda... you're gonna love the GT!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Thanks White... Fortunately she has just enough and, of course, Christmas is right around the corner! Unfortuately our Autumn (Fall) is just turning rather unpleasant, so the GT is likely to be simply Zymoled the hell out of in my gararge for it's first few weeks rather than driven anywhere too exciting!