First aid kit, flares etc. included? Note on Lubricants

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
A dealer parts guy told me that there is a listing for a first aid kit and emergency kit that includes flares etc. I never got one with my GT. Has anyone else received these items? (Perhaps Ford originally intended to include these items but decided to delete them from final production.)

I have also had the 5w50 Motorcraft oil on order for several weeks. I contacted Ford regarding the problem. (I live in Palm Beach County/Boca Raton FL) I informed Ford and they are looking into the problem. I was also told that the Motorcraft oil is specifically formulated with the appropriate additives for the engine. It was not recommended to substitute non Motorcraft oil. After listening to the specs and reasoning, I am convinced that it is not worth the chance of substituting. The vendor that makes this viscosity formulates it differently for Ford, taking into account the engineering requirements for the engine. The same applies to the gearbox.

Thanks

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
doccars said:
I live in Palm Beach County/Boca Raton FL

Look, look, another SFL guy !

Slf360

PS Chris: Isn't it amazing how many there actually are around, and we never met one on the road !? :willy

PSII: Definitley time for a SFL fleet meet ! Wild and wicked.... How many arew there from Palm Beach to the Keys ?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
safety kit

This kit is on sale at Ford Racing parts department for $75.00. Never included with any car anyone here has ever spoken about. I think the service manager is feeding you a line on motor oil. 5W50 is hard to find and as far as I know or anyone else here has discussed only Motorcraft, Mobil1 and Castrol have such a thing. Ford recommends their oil for all their vehicles, so do you use it any others? Probably not. SAE 5W50 has to have much the same characteristics.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A fully synthetic 5/50 is fine in the GT. Over here we put Mobil 1 in - Motorcraft doesn't exist in the UK....

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
SLF360 said:
Look, look, another SFL guy !

Slf360

PS Chris: Isn't it amazing how many there actually are around, and we never met one on the road !? :willy

PSII: Definitley time for a SFL fleet meet ! Wild and wicked.... How many arew there from Palm Beach to the Keys ?

Miami here!!! A meet sounds great but maybe we should start a new thread.. :cheers

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Sae 5w-50 Oil

I use Castrol Syntec 5W-50 Full Synthetic Motor Oil in my 03 KB 600 RWHP Cobra and WILL use it in my NEW 06 Ford GT !!!

AMB