Finally Pulled the trigger

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Gentlemen (and that one lady that owns a FGT),
I am proud to say that I have officially joined the club. I could go into stories of missing out on the car of my dreams several times, including an auction about 10 years ago of a "pill mill" pharmacist that was in the pokey that had quite the car collection. I bid her up to 95K only to lose out by one more bid. I asked the winner how far he was going to go and he said that was his last bid. My buddy had said for years "they'll come down to about 75K and then I will get one". Wrong-so very wrong. Then the same fellow said, "When the new GT comes out, the old ones will plummet and then we can get a deal on one" Hmmm. Now I am thinking he just didn't want me to get one. So after wall-flowering on the sidelines for years, I decided to take the plunge with an 05 silver beauty. She joins my silver Viper, silver Raptor and silver Land Rover Defender. I still have my high school car (not silver) a 69 428CJ Mach I, 4 speed. Anyway, talking about torturous, I flew from Tampa to Detroit about 3 weeks ago and made a deal with a one owner 2,200 mile car that Rich Brooks himself gave the thumbs up to. I finally got it down here last Tuesday and still haven't been able to get her tagged due to a paperwork snafu, so I go out to the garage every few hours to marvel and long for the day that I can peacock around town. I know that I join other enthusiasts on this forum and hopefully before long I will feel like I truly belong instead of one of those dreamers like I have been for the last 15 years. So thank you in advance for your advice and well wishes. And to the haters- a rising tide lifts all boats so vote Trump. Probably shouldn't go there on my first post but I have had a few hopped beverages. CHEERS!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations and welcome to the party! (y) You are going to be so happy with your new baby. As most have mentioned before, be very careful on your first outings using the throttle especially if the tires are not fresh.

Last edited:

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Do check the tires! give us feedback when you put some miles on her.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
So exciting, congrats! I still go out and drool all around mine everyday!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations! We are close so when you get it legal maybe we can meet up for a cruise.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats! 🍻

Maybe us Florida GT guys can meet up at some point (y)

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Congrats you sure waited long enough but better late than never. Welcome and hope to meet you soon.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Congrats and enjoy your new toy!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Welcome. You're going to love the car

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Gentlemen (and that one lady that owns a FGT),
I am proud to say that I have officially joined the club. I could go into stories of missing out on the car of my dreams several times, including an auction about 10 years ago of a "pill mill" pharmacist that was in the pokey that had quite the car collection. I bid her up to 95K only to lose out by one more bid. I asked the winner how far he was going to go and he said that was his last bid. My buddy had said for years "they'll come down to about 75K and then I will get one". Wrong-so very wrong. Then the same fellow said, "When the new GT comes out, the old ones will plummet and then we can get a deal on one" Hmmm. Now I am thinking he just didn't want me to get one. So after wall-flowering on the sidelines for years, I decided to take the plunge with an 05 silver beauty. She joins my silver Viper, silver Raptor and silver Land Rover Defender. I still have my high school car (not silver) a 69 428CJ Mach I, 4 speed. Anyway, talking about torturous, I flew from Tampa to Detroit about 3 weeks ago and made a deal with a one owner 2,200 mile car that Rich Brooks himself gave the thumbs up to. I finally got it down here last Tuesday and still haven't been able to get her tagged due to a paperwork snafu, so I go out to the garage every few hours to marvel and long for the day that I can peacock around town. I know that I join other enthusiasts on this forum and hopefully before long I will feel like I truly belong instead of one of those dreamers like I have been for the last 15 years. So thank you in advance for your advice and well wishes. And to the haters- a rising tide lifts all boats so vote Trump. Probably shouldn't go there on my first post but I have had a few hopped beverages. CHEERS!
We leave politics off our forum please

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations. There is good group of GT owners in the Tampa Bay area. I look forward to meeting you.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Right on. Welcome to the group.

Vince H

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey