Finally getting around to this...my new to me FGT

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
Hey folks...long time lurker here but thought I would share my FGT.

When Oufan2929 initially listed it for sale, someone had beat me to it. So, me being me, I hounded him probably every other day for a few weeks asking if the sale went through or not. Lo and behold, the deal fell through and I jumped on it immediately. It was a driver car, and that is exactly what I wanted as I plan to drive it as well. It also gave me the opportunity to make it mine and not feel guilty altering a museum piece. So, for the last 14 months, with the help of ByeEnzo, thegtguy, tmcphail, and Shawn Fischer (Fischer Motorsports), I've gone through everything on this car and some. What all did I do? Well, I fixed every common GT problem and annoyance I've ever heard of; ground, trans cooler, breathers, gauges, control arm bushing dust boots, door sills, etc. most of which came from my ocd'ness and sprinkled with a little bit of preventative maintenance. I also had any paint chip/flaws addressed and detailed the car, front to back, removed belly pans, and the works, which gave me the opportunity to thoroughly inspect everything. If a piece of plastic or rubber looked off, I replaced it. Starter cable wire melted? Yep, that is fixed too (with a new starter as well haha). Now that my wallet is much lighter, here are the before and after photos. Hope you guys enjoy!

p.s. I thought I was the cool guy in the neighborhood until I found out gregmhtd lives behind me with his NFGT and FGT. :LOL:

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

How it looks today:

PXL_20200929_000115325.jpg
PXL_20201019_231606903_2.jpg

How it looked when I bought it with a nice view of ByeEnzo's FGT and my buddy's 993tt.

IMG_20200105_124714.jpg
IMG_20200421_192503.jpg
IMG_20200421_192029.jpg

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Welcome!

Reactions: mach1pannu

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Fantastic job / writeup car looks great and I can assure you that you will thoroughly enjoy it
Best analog driver ever made - congrats and welcome to the forum

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations and welcome.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow that looks great. And good job on the OCD making things perfect (y)

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
The wheels look killer in that color.

Reactions: extrap and steved57

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Wow, looks great! I don't think I've see a white with side stripe delete - looks sharp! Congrats and enjoy!

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
Thanks gents! If there are any GT get togethers this year, would be nice to get out.

Wow, looks great! I don't think I've see a white with side stripe delete - looks sharp! Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks. I bought a new oem set just in case I want to go back to original but keeping this look for now.

The wheels look killer in that color.

Thanks! Can't take all the credit, Oufan2929 had some good taste. I just had them stripped, brushed the aluminum and cleared for a bare look.

IMG-20200925-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200925-WA0016.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: extrap

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Where in Texas are you ?

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
Where in Texas are you ?

I'm in Dallas

Reactions: digman1

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Welcome!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Welcome.

Who performed the detailing and paint correction?

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
Thanks gents! If there are any GT get togethers this year, would be nice to get out.

Thanks. I bought a new oem set just in case I want to go back to original but keeping this look for now.

Thanks! Can't take all the credit, Oufan2929 had some good taste. I just had them stripped, brushed the aluminum and cleared for a bare look.

View attachment 62494

View attachment 62495

Congrats with the car. Looks awesome. By any chance you can share where you got the OEM side stripe kit from? Part number? Thank you.

Lewis

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats and welcome to the Forum. Love those wheels on the car. I have always liked the look of clear coated aluminum wheels. My Acura NSX and girlfriend's Lexus SC430 have machined aluminum wheels.

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
Welcome.

Who performed the detailing and paint correction?

I did the detail myself and will be using a local friend for the paint correction - he would prob be happy to do yours as well. Else - Apex, Tactical Fleet, The Detail Lab, Blessed Touches Detailing, and others are around as well.

Congrats with the car. Looks awesome. By any chance you can share where you got the OEM side stripe kit from? Part number? Thank you.

Lewis

Hey Lewis, thanks. Re stripes, check with your Ford dealer or Torrie @ unleashed tuning. Here is a link to the part numbers:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Your car looks terrific! Congratulations.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Congrats. Car looks great. Wheels look killer. Great job. That’s a lot of rubber back there on 21’s. How is the ride?

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
Congrats. Car looks great. Wheels look killer. Great job. That’s a lot of rubber back there on 21’s. How is the ride?

Thanks! Ride seems good to me, negligible difference between a stock car or even a set of 20s.

Reactions: B. West

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'm in Dallas

I thought probably so since you mentioned ByeEnzo etc.... I am in Kilgore Tx

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
When Oufan2929 initially listed it for sale, someone had beat me to it. So, me being me, I hounded him probably every other day for a few weeks asking if the sale went through or not. Lo and behold, the deal fell through and I jumped on it immediately.

I was this guy.....glad you are happy with it.